Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Thak

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« on: January 28, 2005, 08:41:16 pm »
These last two Achewood strips are awesome, the best ones for awhile.

2
Achewood / the soft dick - 06/01
« on: January 06, 2004, 08:18:03 pm »
Haha, love that watermelon sandwich bit.

3
Achewood / achewood thanksgiving
« on: November 26, 2003, 08:37:32 pm »
Quote from: "Smells"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I remember when I was in grade school we were allowed to

1) say the word Indian when not referring to someone named Rajiv
2) play cowboys and indians
3) trace our hands, cut them out and make indians (along with turkeys)
4) sit "Indian Style" (no longer a concept; my daughter sits "criss cross applesauce" in pre-school
5) hang up Indian Corn
6) enjoy a glorious indian summer day in October or November

etc. etc.



I seem to notice there's a sports team called The Red Skins, but no sports team called The Blackies, and also, at my local Canadian sovienier shop there are some extremly racist cupie dolls with feathers sticking out the top of their heads, and don't even get me started on Dreamcatchers...



In Grade 12 at my highschool I saw the Librarian shredding a book called 'Reservations are for Indians'.

4
Arts & Entertainment / Dinosaur comics at qwantz.com
« on: November 24, 2003, 09:37:08 am »
Oh man, I love these Dinosaur comics.

Great work, Ryan.

5
Achewood / drip drop drip drop 7/11
« on: November 07, 2003, 06:55:04 pm »
Quote from: "jough"
I fully expect there to be ice cream awaiting Philippe, and all the gang to show up there while Nice Pete and Phil are licking their cones (easy fellas) and both of them looking at everyone like "What?"


But, there is no electricity going to the shed, to keep any icecream from melting.

6
Achewood / Life Is Never Neat -- 10/28
« on: October 29, 2003, 05:28:55 am »
Ugh, I didn't like this strip.

7
Achewood / Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:13:30 pm »
I'm afraid Lyle will corrupt Philippe. :(

8
Achewood / Smiling Beef (Porno Name Thread)
« on: September 09, 2003, 08:52:03 pm »
That smile is so perfect with his expression in the previous panels.

Anyways, Louis Jameson. Too bad I didn't have a pet cat named Jenna, or something. I could've been sortof as proud as Roastbeef.

9
Achewood / David Schwimmer and Mark Twain - 25 August
« on: August 27, 2003, 01:42:22 am »
Oh man, I loved this strip.

10
Wild Card / Olfactory memory?
« on: August 12, 2003, 11:43:20 pm »
At my work there is a plant I have to cut, and its smell really really bothers me. Eupatorium I think its called. Anyways, I just can't stand the smell, makes me nauseous and want to throw up, so awful. No one else is bothered by it.

I think I can trace back why the unique smell bothers me though, to some candies I ate when I was younger. I ate some of these strange, really old candies in a tin that smelled weird when I was young, and they made me feel sick. Thanks to that memory, their smell, and the sickness caused by them always go together now, I guess.

11
Wild Card / olfactory hallucinations
« on: August 12, 2003, 11:35:29 pm »
Yeah, same here. I sometimes jump up, saying "Do I smell watermelon", or something. I don't see any watermelon around me at all, so I just pass it off as a weird happening.

But when I go downstairs and see watermelon being cut up, or whatever I smelled, I'm relieved, and happy to have watermelon.


Other times though, when I can slightly smell odours unfamiliar to me, I just relate them to something that smells similiar, saying I smell beef jerky or anything else. I think.

12
Achewood / Today's comic (4 Aug)
« on: August 04, 2003, 02:57:10 pm »
Its not really bad or anything.

Love the drawing of Roast Beef in the final frame though.

Pages: [1]