1
- October 01, 2026, 08:40:34 pm
- Welcome, Guest
News:
Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?
Show Posts
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
2
Sports & Leisure / Re: Portal 2
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:47:38 am »
Merchant does the Barclays adverts now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Ao2XDWJQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMWS4d-Y3D0&feature=relmfu
His transformation from Ricky Gervais' goggly-eyed freak of a sidekick http://www.myvideo.nl/watch/5338115 to respectable man in his own right with a coveted voice is baffling
Ian Holloway has the better West Country accent though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Ao2XDWJQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMWS4d-Y3D0&feature=relmfu
His transformation from Ricky Gervais' goggly-eyed freak of a sidekick http://www.myvideo.nl/watch/5338115 to respectable man in his own right with a coveted voice is baffling
Ian Holloway has the better West Country accent though
3
Sports & Leisure / Re: Portal 2
« on: July 17, 2011, 03:16:01 am »
I've actually been playing this with my brother, it's good fun. The scope for mischief is lovely
4
Wild Card / Re: The Coliseum
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:43:01 am »
You lot need to learn some lessons from the civilised side of the Atlantic
EDIT: I'm too late
EDIT: I'm too late
5
Wild Card / Re: Shit my ________ says
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:40:24 am »
To be fair, politicians without stories about them smoking a joint/fiddling some expenses/dodging the draft/ploughing their schoolteacher in their teens are almost certainly lizard people or *****s
6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Some movies I just saw
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:31:54 am »
Belleville Rendezvous/Triplets de Belleville is the bomb and a half, I show it to everyone I intend to romantically liaison with to see whether they are dead inside
Last film I saw was Breakfast on Pluto. Cillian Murphy plays an Irish boy who likes to be/identifies himself a lady and goes looking for his never-met mother in London. He really is extremely pretty


An odd piece of cinema. The main character is so extremely whimsical in the face of seriously heavy issues that it's hard not to be slightly overwhelmed by the quiet tragedy of some of it. It has plenty of really nice moments, however, and Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson are in it so it gets 8 thumbs up
Has a fairly gorgeous soundtrack too, and really that's all I want from a film
Last film I saw was Breakfast on Pluto. Cillian Murphy plays an Irish boy who likes to be/identifies himself a lady and goes looking for his never-met mother in London. He really is extremely pretty


An odd piece of cinema. The main character is so extremely whimsical in the face of seriously heavy issues that it's hard not to be slightly overwhelmed by the quiet tragedy of some of it. It has plenty of really nice moments, however, and Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson are in it so it gets 8 thumbs up
Has a fairly gorgeous soundtrack too, and really that's all I want from a film
7
History / Re: Phone hacking scandal
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:31:00 am »
That utter waste of miserable flabby potchy pig-like human skin Piers Morgan might be implicated in all this
GET THE FUCK IN
GET THE FUCK IN
8
History / Re: Phone hacking scandal
« on: July 09, 2011, 11:58:39 am »The interesting addendum to this, and not being over there I'm not sure how true it is, is that some British papers aren't covering the story as well as they could (I think I remember the Daily Mail being name checked) and the received wisdom on the subject is that it's because they've been up to similar shenanigans and everyone is shitting themselves they're going to be found out.
Oh yes, this is definitely the case

The Guardian do a hell of a lot of good in general. That's a fairly accurate spectrum of the shiteness of the papers, though the Murdoch-owned Times is a very different beast from the Sun etc.
9
History / Phone hacking scandal
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:15:28 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/hacking-scandal-is-this-britains-watergate-2309487.html
- Journos at News of the World newspaper (an absolute rag) found to have been hacking the phones of families of dead soldiers
- This in conjunction with previous phone-hacking scandals
=
- News of the World (168 year old 'paper) stops publication
- Big shitstorm for all involved including Rupert Murdoch (owns group behind said paper), British PM (buddy-buddy with the players behind this), journalism in general
Pretty entertaining stuff so far. British journalism's investigative streak is a massive asset when used for good, but it's always had an incredibly nasty tone in the majority of papers and I hope this is a sign of it lessening. Also hope Murdoch's nose gets bloodied but it probably won't
- Journos at News of the World newspaper (an absolute rag) found to have been hacking the phones of families of dead soldiers
- This in conjunction with previous phone-hacking scandals
=
- News of the World (168 year old 'paper) stops publication
- Big shitstorm for all involved including Rupert Murdoch (owns group behind said paper), British PM (buddy-buddy with the players behind this), journalism in general
Pretty entertaining stuff so far. British journalism's investigative streak is a massive asset when used for good, but it's always had an incredibly nasty tone in the majority of papers and I hope this is a sign of it lessening. Also hope Murdoch's nose gets bloodied but it probably won't
10
People & Places / Re: I never...
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:52:55 am »
I've never ridden a hoss. I did this but did not enjoy it
...seen the original Star Wars trilogy. WAT
...had a roommate. I've always been lucky with mine. We're all going our separate ways soon and I want to cry
...eaten Peking Duck. It's nomolicious
...ridden on a train. Trains are my favourite mode of transport. Except when I am sat next to a drunk person
...drank scotch. Scotch is the King of Alcohol
...saw The Sound of Music It's good
...lived on campus at college We don't have 'campuses' mostly but I've done our equivalent (uni halls)
...attended a frat party Done UK equivalent I think
...climbed a tree Do it tomorrow. Your body is the greatest instrument you will ever own. And it likes to climb
> Karaoke, I haven't done this and I'm a ham with a decent voice. Do it. Seeing good people at karaoke is joyful. I have done it but I have a terrible voice
> Climbed a really big friggin' mountain to see what's there. I've climbed a bunch of normal ones, but nothing with cachet. How big is really big? I have conquered a few, most of the UK mountains are relatively small but the Alps/Pyrenees have given me some tough times. Or should that be tough CLIMBS lolol
> Tapdanced on the restaurant table while singing this song to Spouse. I have not done this. I lose
> Africa - Safari. 'Nuff said. I lose again
> Read David Copperfield or a whole binders worth of other 'classics'. Life's too short to get 'em all, I s'pose. David Copperfield is good, but you have rightly discarded it in favour of better things
> Painted a picture after Kindergarten. The whole brush/paint/paper thing confounds me. Now with crayons, on the other hand... I did one good painting past the age of 14, and that was my life's artistic talent all used up
> I've not eaten a Slim Jim yet. What's a slim jim
I now need to do those 3 things. Tapdance, Africa, Slim Jim
I will think of some for myself but not now
...seen the original Star Wars trilogy. WAT
...had a roommate. I've always been lucky with mine. We're all going our separate ways soon and I want to cry
...eaten Peking Duck. It's nomolicious
...ridden on a train. Trains are my favourite mode of transport. Except when I am sat next to a drunk person
...drank scotch. Scotch is the King of Alcohol
...saw The Sound of Music It's good
...lived on campus at college We don't have 'campuses' mostly but I've done our equivalent (uni halls)
...attended a frat party Done UK equivalent I think
...climbed a tree Do it tomorrow. Your body is the greatest instrument you will ever own. And it likes to climb
> Karaoke, I haven't done this and I'm a ham with a decent voice. Do it. Seeing good people at karaoke is joyful. I have done it but I have a terrible voice
> Climbed a really big friggin' mountain to see what's there. I've climbed a bunch of normal ones, but nothing with cachet. How big is really big? I have conquered a few, most of the UK mountains are relatively small but the Alps/Pyrenees have given me some tough times. Or should that be tough CLIMBS lolol
> Tapdanced on the restaurant table while singing this song to Spouse. I have not done this. I lose
> Africa - Safari. 'Nuff said. I lose again
> Read David Copperfield or a whole binders worth of other 'classics'. Life's too short to get 'em all, I s'pose. David Copperfield is good, but you have rightly discarded it in favour of better things
> Painted a picture after Kindergarten. The whole brush/paint/paper thing confounds me. Now with crayons, on the other hand... I did one good painting past the age of 14, and that was my life's artistic talent all used up
> I've not eaten a Slim Jim yet. What's a slim jim
I now need to do those 3 things. Tapdance, Africa, Slim Jim
I will think of some for myself but not now
11
Sports & Leisure / Re: L.A. Noire
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:36:19 am »
The original Mafia game had cars which handled awfully. Kind of added to the charm though. You had to put some THOUGHT into a getaway. Examine the angles etc.
14
People & Places / Re: The Rapture
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:08:41 am »
Wait, you guys didn't get the Rapture over there? It were a blast
15
Sports & Leisure / Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:12 am »
Vegetables are the scum of the food world
