Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 96818 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2011, 09:58:36 pm »

it was a waste of time watching "party monsters".  fuck*ng terrible.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2011, 02:31:54 am »

Belleville Rendezvous/Triplets de Belleville is the bomb and a half, I show it to everyone I intend to romantically liaison with to see whether they are dead inside

Last film I saw was Breakfast on Pluto. Cillian Murphy plays an Irish boy who likes to be/identifies himself a lady and goes looking for his never-met mother in London. He really is extremely pretty




An odd piece of cinema. The main character is so extremely whimsical in the face of seriously heavy issues that it's hard not to be slightly overwhelmed by the quiet tragedy of some of it. It has plenty of really nice moments, however, and Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson are in it so it gets 8 thumbs up

Has a fairly gorgeous soundtrack too, and really that's all I want from a film
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2011, 04:05:28 pm »

Breakfast on Pluto.

Thanks for reminding me - I'd been meaning to see that one.  I watched it last night on your recommendation, and it was quite good.  Neil Jordan is a great director and I really should see more of his stuff.  I get what you mean about the breazy nature of the central character being in such stark contrast to the sitautions at hand.  Villian Murphy really is fantastic and quite nice to look at.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2011, 12:26:39 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2011, 02:39:44 pm »

Batman reference?

I only wish I were that clever.  It was a typo, but a quality one.  I keep forgetting that I have to use Internet Explorer at the office, with it's lack of spell checking. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:54 pm »

I have a copy of Breakfast. I love that guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2011, 01:52:48 pm »

OK, this is about a movie I just didn't see, but...Last night the Tech Staff rented a movie called Source Code and I asked him what it was about so I could decide whether to watch it. He said not to bother, it was one of those movies about chase scenes and explosions. And I was like, how did they think that was a good name for a movie about chase scenes and explosions? Was "Powerpoint Presentation" already taken?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »

OK, this is about a movie I just didn't see, but...Last night the Tech Staff rented a movie called Source Code and I asked him what it was about so I could decide whether to watch it. He said not to bother, it was one of those movies about chase scenes and explosions. And I was like, how did they think that was a good name for a movie about chase scenes and explosions? Was "Powerpoint Presentation" already taken?

i liked source code.  there was also time travel.  lots of time travel.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

OK, this is about a movie I just didn't see, but...Last night the Tech Staff rented a movie called Source Code and I asked him what it was about so I could decide whether to watch it. He said not to bother, it was one of those movies about chase scenes and explosions. And I was like, how did they think that was a good name for a movie about chase scenes and explosions? Was "Powerpoint Presentation" already taken?

Ha!  That's pretty good.  If they made a movie called "Powerpoint Presentation" I'd be so intrigued as to how such a thing got made that I'd probably check it out.

In movies I just saw news, I saw Crazy, Stupid Love, a couple weekends ago, which was one of those momentary diversion type of movies.  It was entertaining but ineffectual.  Also saw the Hangover 2 at the second run theatre last night - the highlight of the evening was that I had the best popcorn I'd had in years.  So good. Again though the movie was entertaining by ineffectual.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2011, 12:15:02 am »

Not one movie this time home, but a shitload of Arrested Development. Sweet!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2011, 02:20:15 am »

Not one movie this time home, but a shitload of Arrested Development. Sweet!

Oh man, Arrested Development marathons are the best! Just did one not too long ago. Hey, Jason Bateman was on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me the other week, and when asked about the movie, he said it was moving along quite nicely. Maybe he was fuck*ng with us, but it didn't sound like it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:43 am »

Nice - thank you!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:36 am »

i wonder if michael cera will have trouble playing a shy, awkward character.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »

Well, he's got a lot of range, so I think he'll do alright.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2011, 05:23:07 pm »

Maybe they'll get that Jessie Zuckerberg or whatever that kid's name is instead.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35   Go Up