Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - spex

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:37:27 pm »
Nobody seems to have mentioned that Teodor appears to be drawing a comic strip at the beginning? Maybe the secret point here is that Teodor is actually the secret creator/magus of the strip as a whole.

Metafiction.

2
Achewood / Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:27:01 pm »
In the first frame, it looks like Ray is about to stick his hand in a pocket in his belly. For some reason, that's really weirding me out.

3
Any strip with a reference to huffing is okay by me.

I find it oddly moving that Phillipe refers to the couch as his "friend." But, oh God, oh God, oh God, he should just RUN HOME NOW.

4
Achewood / Re: March 2nd, 2006 - There are no side dishes
« on: March 02, 2006, 02:40:48 pm »
I keep thinking that maybe the 2nd-day feast used to be a lot more opulent. Maybe the GOF has fallen on hard times and can't afford the hero's banquet that army leaders deserve. If Ray had had to share the feast with that cowboy dude, there would have been much fighting over the turkey.

I mean, the snack bar can't pull in that much money, since there's no live audience, and there aren't any TV revenues. Who funds this madness? WHO IS THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN?!?!?

EDIT: It is early. I am a goofball.

5
I read in the Wikipedia article (it might've been changed by now; I'm lazy) that Vlad is from Poland. I have read the archives enough times to know there's no proof of that. What say you all?

Can we just vote for a nationality for Vlad? Could we make him, like, Uzbekistani? Because those dudes are crazy.

6
I like that, in the first frame, Vlad is thinking, "Is SO good." Like, even in his head, he speaks broken English, not his native Whereverthehellhesfromese.

EDIT: frame /= strip

7
Achewood / Re: GOF Ramifications
« on: February 22, 2006, 11:04:47 pm »
What about when Ray and Beef must fight? Even if they survive the first 2,998 competitors as partners, only one man can win. And when Ray kills Beef (inevitably) will it change their relationship? Will Beef stay dead? Will he forgive Ray?

And what. If. Beef. Kills. Ray?

Pages: [1]