Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Cynicar

Pages: [1] 2
1
Achewood / Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:06:47 am »
"Koodge" is my new favorite onomatopoeia.

Dornheim closing his mouth provides me with a distinct sense of relief.

2
What, no scheming about naming a dog "J.J. the Land-Retard?"

Personally, I have fully planned to name my own dog this.  When I am actually able to own a dog, which will be in a couple years.  So I will probably not win the contest, but I still like the name.

I feel spitting out food for the sake of allergies, while not polite, is always acceptable.  The drunkenness, however, would have been a nice touch as well.

3
*delurks*

It could be either southern or cockney.  I just kind of read it as general base-ness, as it doesn't really fit any actual accent I've ever heard.

I really wish I had any conception of what a Welsh accent sounds like.  Maybe the internets will help me here...

4
Achewood / Re: 1-16-07 splut, splut, splut, WHUMP, splut, splut, splut
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:27:34 pm »

Removing your right frontal lobe, especially, limits your ability to Gage your behavior's conformance to norms.

Hahaha!  Psychology pun!  Yay!

Okay.  Back to lurking.

5
Achewood / Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:46:35 am »
I think my favorite thing here is that so far everyone is way more interested in the dialouge stylings than the fact that Ray just shot a missile at Phillipe.

Airwolf totally redeemed this arc.

Airwolf is life.  With a minifridge of beer.

6
As of yesterday's and today's strips, this ark is totally redeemed.

I think my favorite is Phillipe's sudden blank face as the Roofies sleep deprivation hits.

STUPID JERK FRIDGE!!

7
Achewood / Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« on: April 24, 2006, 05:12:33 pm »
Maybe it is just my attention span, but I am sincerely bored with this arc.  The parts with Emeril, Beef, and the extraneous Teodor, I find somewhat entertaining.  But Phillipe just isn't cutting it for me here. 

Nor is that worker dude.  Though his vocabulary is impressive.

8
Achewood / Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:46:21 am »
With this strip, I now understand the Emeril Adoration.

Also, am I the only one who initially thought that the book conversation had somehow inspired Beef's member to begin singing?

9
Cynicar - your avatar's hair looks cockish.


Are you perchance referring to its ears?  Or the spattering on the top of its head?

10
I don't think it's "collecting" so much as "homeless guys wandering around where there's lots of old junk", but I'm almost positive that there's some trashspotting link lying in wait.


That was actually one of my first thoughts as well.

This strip didn't exactly jive with me either.  I think it's something with the dialouge moreso than the art?  Possibly the way that Phillipe's innocent jabber completely fucks with the creepy mood Onstad is trying to set?  I dunno.

I don't quite buy that the Swamp Dudes are all innocent.  Mostly because I don't actually think that they're blind.  Not sure why though.  Maybe because Pigman seemed to communicate with NoFace via pointing in the last strip. 

11
Achewood / Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:13:59 am »
I...

Am in love with this strip.  The character designs are amazing.  I am so creeped out.

Is anyone else really happy to see Beef snapping back at Ray?

Also, gruffle is totally entering my vocabulary.  As of now.

12

MY POWER LEVEL IS OFF THE SCALE

That... is fuck*ng brill.

I would love to see Beef win this thing, but my gut is that they're gonna team up to take on the Fight itself. 

On my list of predictions though, Beef winning ranks way higher than Ray winning.  If Ray was really willing to beat on Beef in order to win, he would have already done it.  I could totally see Beef just getting resolve from this though.  I mean, Ramses talked to him!  Ramses told him to hush Ray!  And everyone was talkin' about how he was shivering?  Well, look at that last panel.  There is no shivers.  That is stone cold resolve. 

The only reason I see Beef not winning is that were he totally focused on winning, he would have already done it as well.  'Stad's a good storyteller man.  You don't delay and delay unless your ending is going to be completely different than what was expected going in.

Though I think the only way I will be disappointed is if Ray wins not-on-accident.

13
Well, at this point, it seems clear that neither of them is willing to fight the other.  And that dialouge from Rodney?  Totally sets them up as a team.

So the conflict has moved from Beef vs Ray to Beef and Ray vs. The Man.

The Man with the Jeeps, signified by the Rodney/Ramses.

14
Achewood / Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« on: March 14, 2006, 06:26:37 am »
I have... no idea what is going to happen.

This is an awesome damn plot twist.

Maybe Rodney is the dude who's been working the crane?  Maybe they're just hallucinating from the whiskey?

Either way, I want one of those hats...

15
Called it!  Woo!

I'm not sure how I feel about Beef's self-sacrificing though.  This may be that I just really want him to win, but I don't think I buy it.

I mean, yes, Ray's BOC and so he can claim being the heir to the throne, but Beef's the dude who memorized the interviews, plotted for years, and actually cares about this thing.  Ray on the other hand just realized his lineage a couple weeks ago and joined on a lark.

I mean, would you make maps and break into credit records if you just wanted to see the Fight from the inside?  I would just operate the crane.

Actually, I think that would be a pretty sweet job.  I would do that anyday.

I think Beef is still plotting.  Just like Ray's Hat of Menace, Beef still has his Goggles of Secret Motivations.

Pages: [1] 2