Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MrCB

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
1
Achewood / Re: What Chris Onstad is doing instead of making comics
« on: January 24, 2013, 12:13:12 pm »
From Pocket Tactics (an iPhone/iPad strategy games blog) -

"Last but not least, a new word puzzle game called Tumblewords. It’s a very moderately-paced word game, closer in spirit to the stately Letterpressthan the more frantic Puzzlejuice. Like Letterpress, the game features a number of different backgrounds and color schemes, but unlike Letterpress’s flat minimalism, Tumblewords’ art is supplied by notable webcomic artists: Liza Ferneyhough and KC Green at the moment, but a forthcoming DLC will add art from Achewood creator Chris Onstad. Remind me to tell you the story of waiting in line in Brooklyn to get Onstad’s signature on Worst Song, Played on Ugliest Guitar."

http://pockettactics.com/2013/01/23/out-tonight-dungeon-lore-might-magic-and-more/

2
Achewood / Re: Not dead yet
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:56:02 am »
Two posts in fact.

Reminds you that much as Roast Beef be from circumstances, it ain't a thing compared to Nice Pete.

3
Achewood / Re: Not dead yet
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:37:12 am »
Well, it explains why they have so many problems with the Pizza delivery guy, and why they've got full sized cars in the garage...

Still. It was a trip to read - if this is the new direction, I for one am excited.

4
Achewood / Re: Not dead yet
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:34:20 pm »
I'd love to commission a piece, but I'm not sure how O would take a request.

I'm attempting to. I hit a decade of no little significance a month or so back and felt that Achewood would be a suitable way to commemorate, having been born a decade ago itself.

I got a quickly reply back to my initial e-mail, but he's taking a little time to consider my proposals...

5
Achewood / Re: Not dead yet
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:09 pm »
Nice Pete blogs always weird me out. This one is no exception.

6
Achewood / Re: Not dead yet
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:51:03 am »
There also a picture of a recent commission in the fan flow - which does also make me think that with the advent of a significant decade a few weeks ago, it might be time to get an original piece myself.

7
Achewood / Re: Catch me up, please
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:32 am »
My guess is that he has had a case of the depressions.

8
I paid for it, downloaded the PDFs (haven't looked at them yet), and have no regrets.

I've been paying since he started it. While I don't love that the segmentation into paid-for and not, the man has given me many a chuckle and there are far too many strips that are etched into my memory. In return for that, I'm willing to toss the occasional shiny dollar in his direction.

The chapbooks that he posted t'other day are some pretty tough chuckles. Except without the chuckles. From reading them, I can only imagine that the dude is going through some tough times. I've got some good friends who suffer from the dark dog and reading those chapbooks feels rather like deja-vu. Even Roast Beef seems happier than Onstad does.

9
Achewood / Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:28:36 pm »
Ooops, my bad for not putting the date in the subject. Thanks for editing it wombat.

Roast Beef is a sad cat. I can only imagine that Onstad is a sad man to write this. There's not so much of The Funny, but just the owch.

10
Achewood / I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:38 am »
Another new strip. The man is on a roll. Of sorts.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12102010

11
The Man in the costume thinks the Cat is a fool. How art mirrors life.

12
Achewood / Re: June 18, 2009 - "I Roll Red Meat Wide!"
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:40:46 am »
So is Charley going back or not? Do they know that the tag is the important thing?

I'm not sure that either Ray or Charley are the sorts who'll happily use a poo covered tag...

13
Achewood / June 15th 2009 - A Pot o' Laver-Bread
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:01:16 pm »
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06152009

Has Ray and Charlie now returned to present day? And who knew that the Tag had all the power - perhaps it only applies to material tags, since it never seemed like it was the sticky label on previous items that had the power - were pictures taken with the Camera of Truth after the label had been pealed off?

14
Achewood / Re: Hi, very nice site
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:23:47 pm »
I saw somewhere that the response rate for spam is something less than 1 in a million.  It's the kind of economy that only works with publication and delivery that are basically free.

So pretty much the same business model as web-comics then...

15
Achewood / Re: 16 September 08 - I want to sit on your face, too!
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:40:20 am »
I want to know when Ray decided to get a book. Did he think there would be a lot of down time during his conversation with Beef?

It's a notebook surely - he's got a pen and all. Man's gotta have somewhere to put down his business plan, no?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9