1
Sports & Leisure / Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« on: May 10, 2006, 04:35:45 pm »
Yeah, but to be fair, you did make up those place names, didn't you?
Nope, it's Gloucestershire. Anyway, what the hell are you on? We got to wear Roman armour and have a story from a Real Centuriontm, watch fights, and look at the remains of the villa! And they sold wooden gladiuses and those big half round shields.
They just fought on grass. The lady fighters wore very loose dresses, much to the delight of the creepy commentator. (Especially when they had to wrestle each other. We all know the real purpose of this place, then.)
Yes Monkey Island. Also Day of the Tentacle. Anyway, I highly suggest you find a copy of Grim Fandango and play it now. It is by far one of the best games I've ever played EVER.. and I'm even including Fallout II in said game matrix. Seriously. I can get you a copy of it if that is what it takes even; such is the goodness of the game.
Thunderbolts were basically the nuclear missiles of their time though. It kept people in check, never really got used but when it did it was to horrifying results, and it enabled the owner of said weapons to basically do what he wanted. Like have sex with mortal ladies.
The Greek pantheon was the best in the whole of existence. This is true.
Maybe just crimes the average person doesn't see. Murders which don't involve shootouts but a single, well aimed bullet.
I always find it very upsetting when someone dedicates their life to protecting others, and to some people this makes them targets. Of course, you will always get police officers who simply treat the job as a power-trip, and it's a damn shame that this image of the bullying 'pigs' seems to permeate many peoples consciousness. Maybe it's a moot point, but games like GTA where you're rewarded for killing cops really sort of reinforce the image in SOME people that cops are just jackbooted #####s looking to keep us all down.
I can't do this justice, really.
The Italians lost a war to Ethiopia. They suck.
Poland suffered a blitzkrieg and fought before surrendering. The French (government) surrendered to HARSH LANGUAGE. There was no attack and no fight except for the few brave Resistance fighters. They (the French Government) basically held the door and gave complimentary rim to the Nazis so that the Nazis wouldn't break anything. And they helped the Nazis round up Jews and Gypsies and Gays and whoever else the Nazis got the red ass about at the time. They fed, housed and protected the military of one of the greatest evils in history.
No Fight + Collaboration in utter evil pretty much seals it for me. I have trouble respecting the actions of France in WWII and I still think they have a lot to account for, especially to Jews.