Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.  (Read 18261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:52:24 pm »

Is yesterday's police station shooting making the news nationally?

That cop shop is all of two miles from my house.  Fuckin' shitbag.  Just listen to Slipknot or something, you'll feel better.  Attacking cops in the parking lot of the station isn't going to fix things.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 06:56:28 pm »

Well he did escape from a mental institution no?

This would lead me to believe the whole deal is something a little beyond mere "I am 18 and angry"; still sucks though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:59:58 pm »

Quote from: The Washington Post
He said Kennedy was dressed in complete camouflage gear and was armed with five pistols, an AK-47 assault weapon and a long-barreled hunting rifle. He said he was also carrying multiple ammunition pouches and bags with extensive ammunition.

Holy shit.  I'm sure glad escaped psychiatric patients can get their hands on assault weapons!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:25:46 pm »

This is of course a terrible thing but I have to admit that what jumped out at me was - this was the first officer shot and killed in the history of the department? I guess this is the girl from the Bronx speaking, but I was surprised that there are basically urban places where this could be true. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 07:42:37 pm »

Fairfax is not all that urban.  Even "Fairfax City."

High income usually yields low crime rates, and Fairfax County has one of the highest average household incomes in the country.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 07:55:16 pm »

Fairfax is not all that urban.  Even "Fairfax City."

High income usually yields low crime rates, and Fairfax County has one of the highest average household incomes in the country.

Maybe just crimes the average person doesn't see. Murders which don't involve shootouts but a single, well aimed bullet.

I always find it very upsetting when someone dedicates their life to protecting others, and to some people this makes them targets. Of course, you will always get police officers who simply treat the job as a power-trip, and it's a damn shame that this image of the bullying 'pigs' seems to permeate many peoples consciousness. Maybe it's a moot point, but games like GTA where you're rewarded for killing cops really sort of reinforce the image in SOME people that cops are just jackbooted *****s looking to keep us all down.

I can't do this justice, really.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Clay Regazzoni? Why not?
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 08:17:35 pm »

Maybe just crimes the average person doesn't see. Murders which don't involve shootouts but a single, well aimed bullet.

I always find it very upsetting when someone dedicates their life to protecting others, and to some people this makes them targets. Of course, you will always get police officers who simply treat the job as a power-trip, and it's a damn shame that this image of the bullying 'pigs' seems to permeate many peoples consciousness. Maybe it's a moot point, but games like GTA where you're rewarded for killing cops really sort of reinforce the image in SOME people that cops are just jackbooted #####s looking to keep us all down.

I can't do this justice, really.

Damn straight! Cops aren't pigs! I licked a squad car once; it did NOT taste of bacon.
Logged
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 08:20:48 pm »

Man this entire topic could tear us all to tears.  Do I bring up my staunch "Games like GTA do not reinforce viewpoints - correlation is not causation" ideal or "Mentally ill people probably should not have guns" angle.

I guess it depends which would create the best flamewar really.

This is like.. the time bomb of all topics.  WHICH ONE WIRE DO I CUT?!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:31:17 pm »

Man this entire topic could tear us all to tears.  Do I bring up my staunch "Games like GTA do not reinforce viewpoints - correlation is not causation" ideal or "Mentally ill people probably should not have guns" angle.

I guess it depends which would create the best flamewar really.

This is like.. the time bomb of all topics.  WHICH ONE WIRE DO I CUT?!

In an attempt to mitigate things, I wasn't really implying that GTA causes people to think they should kill cops: I just don't like policemen being portrayed in a negative light when there is no reason to do so. (Investigation of police corruption and suchlike is perfectly good.)

My 250th post was an attempt to stop a potential flamewar. I love this board.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 08:35:05 pm »

In an attempt to mitigate things, I wasn't really implying that GTA causes people to think they should kill cops: I just don't like policemen being portrayed in a negative light when there is no reason to do so. (Investigation of police corruption and suchlike is perfectly good.)

My 250th post was an attempt to stop a potential flamewar. I love this board.

Well damn I was going to chime in, but you had to go and ruin it by being magnanimous.  Goddamit.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 09:14:52 pm »

(Investigation of police corruption and suchlike is perfectly good.)


And to me this would also make a more interesting computer game than shooting at stuff.  But I suppose I'm in the minority.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 09:17:09 pm »

And to me this would also make a more interesting computer game than shooting at stuff.  But I suppose I'm in the minority.

There are some games like that actually but a lot of those 'adventure" type games have been out of fashion for a while.  (Oh Grim Fandango; how I loved you.  ((Also Sam and Max)))

Now I guess a similar thing would be those TV spinoff games based off of CSI, but I'm far to much of an elitist to allow those things in my house.  (Where elitist = elitist prick I guess.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 09:18:39 pm »

And to me this would also make a more interesting computer game than shooting at stuff.  But I suppose I'm in the minority.

.... Wombat, you are a genius! Maybe it could be one of those fairly non-linear games where you can either investigate police corruption stealthily, become a gun-toting rebel against your own force, or become a corrupt police chief! Holy shit!

I am thinking too much into this, but holy shit!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 09:19:51 pm »

There are some games like that actually but a lot of those 'adventure" type games have been out of fashion for a while.  (Oh Grim Fandango; how I loved you.  ((Also Sam and Max)))

Now I guess a similar thing would be those TV spinoff games based off of CSI, but I'm far to much of an elitist to allow those things in my house.  (Where elitist = elitist prick I guess.)

All kinds of yes, some of those old lucasarts games were just awesome.  I remember particularly liking "Beneath a Steel Sky" and the whole "Monkey Island" series.  I never have played Grim Fandango, can't find a copy as hard as I look.  I would really love to play that game.

And to me this would also make a more interesting computer game than shooting at stuff.  But I suppose I'm in the minority.

Well, that game wouldn't rule out shooting.  I mean, once you find the crooked cop you could pull out your railgun and give him the ol' what for on some floating platforms in outer space.  You just have to make sure that he doesn't get the BFG or you're totally pooched.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 09:21:32 pm »

All kinds of yes, some of those old lucasarts games were just awesome.  I remember particularly liking "Beneath a Steel Sky" and the whole "Monkey Island" series.  I never have played Grim Fandango, can't find a copy as hard as I look.  I would really love to play that game.

Yes Monkey Island.  Also Day of the Tentacle.  Anyway, I highly suggest you find a copy of Grim Fandango and play it now.  It is by far one of the best games I've ever played EVER.. and I'm even including Fallout II in said game matrix.  Seriously.  I can get you a copy of it if that is what it takes even; such is the goodness of the game.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up