Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - jaydub

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 305
1
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: July 06, 2017, 05:40:35 pm »
If the Y axis is {"people who piss me off" / "all people"}, it would actually mean you're doing better this year.

2
Science & Nature / Re: Eating Smoked Aminals?
« on: July 06, 2017, 05:35:36 pm »
I smoked some chicken on Monday, a massive quantity of pork ribs on Tuesday, and some brussels sprouts and bacon on Wednesday.  All hail slow food.

3
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: July 06, 2017, 05:34:07 pm »
That moose is not even trying.  During a 1999 trip to Yellowstone, one of them got tired of the crowd of onlookers cramping his style in a meadow.  He was about 100 yards off the road.  I was about 20 yards off the road.  I noticed he was getting perturbed (he'd stopped eating and had fixed a beady eye on us), and looked for an exit route just in case.  When I looked back I saw him take off towards us.  I pretty much teleported myself onto the top of a piece of road construction equipment that was parked on the shoulder.  In the time it took me to cover 20 yards, he covered about 80 - and for a human I'm not slow.   All the other scattering people probably slowed him some too as he tried to figure out who to toss.  In the end, he seemed satisfied with the results and walked off.  I waited till he was out of sight before getting down from the grader/loader thing.

4
History / Re: President Trump
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:44:55 pm »
A fringe benefit.

5
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:44:01 pm »
Are we talking about her children or her goats?
<bestow'd>

6
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:40:43 pm »
Had an Aussie friend that ate tacos with a knife and fork.  Thought it was ridiculous to eat something with your hands that falls apart.  I chose to pick other battles.

7
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:40:05 pm »
Lacrosse season is in full swing, so I'm in hot water with the Mrs because it's "lacrosse, lacrosse, lacrosse" as far as she's concerned.  My team this year is more talented on average, but very small.  We started preseason with 10 (and it takes 10 on the field to play a game!), then lost one to hockey playoffs, and a second to a basketball injury.  I've been on the kids to recruit friends, and we've gotten 3 more since then.  Supposedly some of the other coaches are going to hold "Try lacrosse" lunchtime clinics at the local middle schools, and we'll do a couple free weekend ones too.  If I can round up 2 or three more new recruits, and my hurt and hockey-distracted ones come back and contribute, then I could have a decent team halfway through the season.

8
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: February 20, 2017, 07:22:04 pm »
This greeted me at work. Probably not a good sign:


In an epic failure of engineering, the 100+ person building I work in has only one bathroom (well, two, but lawsuits - also they clean both the mens' and womens' simultaneously, so there is no emergency recourse).  Everyone gets testy when it's cleaning time.  And slippery floors be damned, I'm going through the caution tape once the chemical clouds dissipate.
Extra bonus, of the 4 sink basins for washing up, only one hasn't had the faucet completely blocked by hard water deposits.  Not everyone waits in line to wash their hands anymore.

9
Sports & Leisure / Re: Football Playoffs Predictions
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:09:01 pm »
Their only chance, really, is if they score like they are capable, and they get home on blitzes.  Pat's O-line is looking better and better though.

10
History / Re: Donald and Melania
« on: January 27, 2017, 05:53:16 pm »
That is precious!
Katie Holmes for the win!

11
History / Re: President Trump
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »
Touambie zombie!

12
Sports & Leisure / Re: Football Playoffs Predictions
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:20:38 pm »
I remember a picture of that in Sports Illustrated. Totally "dude's leg is NOT suppsoed to bend there."
Napoleon McCallum's maiming is the one that came to mine for me.  Bryant Young and Navorro Bowman's also come quick to mind.  At least those two guys got to come back and make more money afterwards.  I wonder how many other pro sports have a 100% injury rate.

13
People & Places / Re: A Very Puggley Birthday
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:18:31 pm »
Most happiest of birthdays, Wombat!  Eat a brioche for Momo, and nachos for the rest of us.

14
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:35:08 pm »
In college, after I moved out of the dorms I moved into a little house backed up against the local national park.  We had a terrifying evening when a racoon decided to move into the walls.  Fortunately some chicken wire fixed the hole it got in and out through.
today it was very cold and snowy out, and an exterminator came and said we probably have rats in our walls, because if they were just mice we wouldn't be able to hear them.

15
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:11:46 pm »
I was wondering if that story was going to end with a gunshot hoss.  Glad it all worked out.  You've done good work with them both - the kid trusted you enough to know your instructions were actually going to work.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 305