I used to hate Joe Theisman real good, but I just happened to be watching the game that shut down his career and after that even Cathy Lee Crosby couldn't get me a good hate on him any more.
Man, you ain't need no link, dude, not that I'm gonna click it anyway. That moment is seared into my brain already and I don't want to reinforce it anymore. Just mentioning it makes me wince. Besides, I never hated Theisman anyway. He and the Redskins were the nemesis of The Cowboys so I loved to watch him beat their ass. Also, he was a pretty good announcer and that goes a long way.
I'm the kinda guy, or at least I used to be when I rooted for the Oilers, that hated the opposition team, but always had mad respect for the individuals on that team that played well. That's why I love Terry Bradshaw. After watching him beat down the Oilers time and again you gotta start to develop some admiration. Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome. That's why it was so satisfying when the Oiler's finally put together a team that could challenge that dynasty.
So close to grabbing the brass ring.