Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Victoria Waterfield

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50
1
History / Re: President Trump
« on: November 27, 2020, 02:18:18 pm »
WTF. How long has the board been back up?

Who knows, man. Who knows.

2
Achewood / Re: Achewood: The Complete Canon
« on: June 09, 2020, 06:03:09 am »
OK, there is a good reason for me to pre-order this.

I pre-ordered it from a local acclaimed independent comic shop to support them in this time of plague, while realising that ordering a book for which they can't collect money from me before next April is the worst possible way of doing that.

3
So I learnt recently that there is such a thing as the most important model train layout of all time, and that it's also highly underwhelming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minories_(model_railway)


4
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: September 28, 2018, 07:27:15 pm »
Not to toot my own horn but I’m pretty damn good at excel.

Check out inev here always knowing exactly when he needs to buy more eggs and milk

5
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:32:28 pm »
Wages have been stagnant for 40 years

I initially misread this as "Wings have been stagnant for 40 years" because I'm half-asleep on account of the heat, and I wanted to say "Well what do you expect? That's when they broke up!!!"

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Make Me Choose Between Two Bands
« on: June 23, 2018, 01:32:56 am »
Oh, what the hell, I'll drop in.

Neil over Bowie for me, marginally, and maybe only because I'm Canadian.

Kinks over whatever the other one was.

Now mine: Love or Zombies?

I'll say Zombies, but it's close.

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:35:17 am »
Is anyone else here really into Jenn Wasner (of Wye Oak fame)'s solo project Flock of Dimes?

Both the videos she's released from her album are really wonderful to listen to and to look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrw1E6xvYHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdgzTaco44


8
History / Re: President Trump
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:05:43 am »
Fuck I just realised Todd is running the government

9
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:54:11 am »
Are you prepared to have  your hog judged by Pat?

You dis my hog, you fluff my dog?

10
Come on man, the correct thread title is "F-F-FFFUCK cunt-ass shit zones what ain't safe!"

11
Achewood / Re: Saltines to Rachmaninoff
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:05:52 pm »
This made me laugh several times! Good Job, Ontsad

Ontsad? Is that the latest Homestar Runner character?

12
Achewood / Re: 28th October 2016: par-kit-u-ler
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »
I really enjoyed this strip until it occurred to me to wonder whether there was Supreme Court fanfiction before Philippe thought of it and then to realize that there surely is and that is such an awful thought that it is almost ruined for me.

Brown v. Board of Penetration

13
Achewood / Re: 21st October, 2016: Finally gonna learn slap bass
« on: October 21, 2016, 08:22:43 pm »
I call bullshit on this Fuck You Friday. There's not nearly enough Fuck Yous in it.

I don't know about you, but I don't know about Fuck You Fridays. Anymore, that is.

When I was a child, they were a simple enough affair…

14
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:41:07 am »
Learned a cool animal behavior/psychology word today. "Subsitize."

Subsitizing is when you look at something and know how many there are without actually counting. Research has found that a lot of animals can do this to a point, like birds that notice if one of their eggs is missing, or toddlers who can't count to 4 but notice you ate one of their chicken nuggets.

It's "subitize", not "subsitize".

Is there a word for when you know that a word is misspelled, but don't know the correct spelling?

15
Achewood / Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« on: June 03, 2016, 12:56:32 pm »
What next, a strip about not writing anything for over a year?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50