Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Enkidu

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
Achewood / Re: Feb 7, 2008 - That is one damn rude bird
« on: February 08, 2008, 11:54:56 pm »
I hate it when I watch/read/etc something that started a cliché and can't really get into. Because I'm familiar with the followers all I can think of are things that the imitators improved on or elements that seem lame because they've been done to death since.

I'm that way with the Rolling Stones and Weird Al polka covers.

2
Achewood / Re: Feb 7, 2008 - That is one damn rude bird
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:51:54 pm »
And you've never even heard reference to the Royal with Cheese conversation? Come on, the Simpsons did a bit about that with Krustyburgers.
The one I always remember is from when cartoon network did short interstitials of famous cartoon characters doing famous scenes from contemporary movies.  Shaggy (from Scooby Doo) and Droopy (the dog, from old Tex Avery cartoons) driving in a red convertible . . . hey whadayaknow, I found it.

3
Achewood / Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:39:17 pm »
I sure hope nobody's mama sprays hot bloody fat on Ray.
Canned.

4
Achewood / Re: How did you first find Achewood?
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:39:43 pm »
I can't recall how I originally found achewood.  Most likely someone posted a link in the arstechnica lounge.  The link in my bookmarks folder says July 22, 2004.

5
Achewood / Re: January 16th, 2008 - "why don't you write that down."
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:10:09 pm »
The building is straight, but the shadow is curved.  Awesome.

6
Achewood / Re: Thunk Thunk -- October 05, 2007
« on: October 05, 2007, 07:15:19 pm »
Yeah, I see the *thunk thunk smile* as just an expression of the waiter's unquenchable enthusiasm for his job.  Its his departing manuever, like snapping his finger and pointing at someone .  He's punctuating his departure.  He is a douche.

I laughed at this comic.

7
Achewood / Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« on: July 06, 2007, 04:31:04 pm »
Quote
I know that when Beef actually smiles, that smile was hard come by.
Exactly.  Exactly.

Great blog post.

8
Achewood / Re: 26 June, 2007 - Johnny Cleanslice, or Timmy Headloaf?
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:41:48 pm »
Perhaps.  I thought maybe Lyle just *thought* he was talking about his glasses, since he is probably a little sensitive about them, and then started dishing out the opinions since he was already worked up into a fury.  Man, this was a good strip.

9
Achewood / Re: The Bailiffs of Witchclyde --Eighteenth of June, MMVII
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:06:08 pm »
Ah, lesbians . . . they get so much done in a day.

10
Huh, I've been reading Baby as having a really thick southern accent.  I read the whole archives a couple months ago when a link got posted here on the forums - I don't remember reading anything that pointed to her having an English heritage.

11
Achewood / Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:02:37 pm »
Look at the change in Beef when he smiles. Have we ever seen that before?
Yup.
Twice. (atleast)

12
Achewood / Re: may 25 2007 - The great indoor fight
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:38:55 pm »
Frida Kahlo epitomizes human suffering.  Such an apt allusion for Beef.  Licking the unibrow is an unsettling image...
I want to know how he came up with that one.  "Lets see . . . need a horrifying dream for beef . . . licking Frida Kahlo's unibrow?  Yeah, yeah thats pretty bad."  I mean, damn.

For people like me who needed to look up the reference, here it is.

13
Fuck along, now.

An interesting line of logic - on one hand it seems that Ray is instigating a series of rude comments that set people in bad moods (like that recent commercial I can't remember enough about to find a youtube link).  On the other hand you've got Pat, who is always in a bad mood no matter what.  Teodor's rebuttal is basically throwing a lit match into a blazing forge furnace - it makes no difference whatsoever.

14
Beef is going to take some of the 7mil and order a badass new computer.  Then hes going to feel real guilty about stealing from his friend and return the computer for a refund only they're going to accidentally give him a refund on the full price rather than the sale price, so next week Ray will find $7,000,300 under the raiders caps.

15
Achewood / Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
« on: April 19, 2007, 06:18:54 am »
That is the correct thread title. 

I'm glad he put in the 3 ***** laws, but I'm still thinking the best of the flowcharts is Lyle's.

Pages: [1] 2 3