Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - katal

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / Re: April 12, 2007 - This is a restaurant, not a florist.
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:17:04 pm »
I see I lost a can of Pepper MD due to offering an adverse opinion to an Achewood strip.

Won't happen again.  :-X

2
Achewood / Re: April 12, 2007 - This is a restaurant, not a florist.
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:08:43 pm »
This strip relies heavily on the gay man as nagging female replacement archetype.

Exactly.

That, plus the fact that Onstad used a homonym as the punchline, makes today's strip kind of a loser.  :(

3
Achewood / Re: How popular is Achewood, really?
« on: April 11, 2007, 01:28:44 am »
The great thing about the 'what we need more of..' shirt is that people who don't even know of achewood seem to appreciate it.  People have said to me, "that's true!!" and such

I've had that happen, too.

A few years ago on a college campus in California I saw a guy with a "It is impossible to have a good day" shirt (Did I get that right? Since the shirt's no longer available I can't remember). We talked for a minute about Achewood, which he pronounced "H-wood".

That's it, though. I've never had anyone recognize my Science shirt. I've seen a few other webcomic shirts around (Diesel Sweeties, Exploding Dog, what I think was a Penny Arcade garment), but that is all.

Obviously Onstad must be doing well, though. I say this because I can't imagine any scenerio where one's wife had a baby, and she was still cool with her husband spending many hours each day drawing profane cats, if he wasn't making a decent living off of it.

4
Achewood / Re: March 2007 - in like a blog, out like a lamb
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:12:30 am »
Reading about Cornelius and Pat's experiences really makes me wish that I had opened a pub of my own. What excitement - all choosing what ales to offer, what to music to make available, etc.

5
Achewood / Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« on: February 23, 2007, 03:03:30 pm »
This is so Mickey penis Pancakes pt. 2.
Not that I'm complaining.
Although I wish I had such a tiny pen. What a conversation starter THAT would be.

6
Achewood / Re: Can someone tell me why The Tenmen is funny?
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:31:41 am »
I kind of feel guilty for being relatively new to the board and NOT being a sick fuck (I hope) or a girl.

anyway, it's incredible to imagine that some people (EFH) even read and "get" Achewood.

I never cared too much for the Tenmen. This is probably because I really started thinking about them right about the time of their appearance at the GOF, which I began to dislike the moment Beef got cocky & I realized that Ray was going to win.
=(

7
I'm glad to hear such good things about the cookbook. I've been on the fence about purchasing it for forever.

Mind if I ask a question about other Achewood merchandise? How are the books? Are they a pretty good size? The resolution is cool?

I've only bought a shirt before (a Science ringer), and I love the new pint glass, so I was thinking of supporting the site & picking the glass up along with a slew of books.

And actually... yeah, how *are* the zines? They seem expensive for a few pages of Roast Beef's writing. I never cared for his blog that much.

8
Achewood / Re: 1-16-07 splut, splut, splut, WHUMP, splut, splut, splut
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:15:05 am »
It seems like becoming very angry at something trivial is akin to a death wish around Achewood.

Leo Fontanette, etc.

Pages: [1]