Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - hammish

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
"Now you will see me one more time, if you do good. You will see me two more times, if you do bad. Good night."

-Cowboy

2
Achewood / Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:32:36 pm »
I... did I just see the cartoon cat -- did the lady cartoon cat...? in his? Is that what I just saw?

3
Achewood / Re: 25 September 2008 - brother, KNOW if I want a commodore
« on: September 26, 2008, 01:45:57 am »
The top item returned by the google search Ray demanded is for a C64 game called "Chickin Chase." Apparently the player of this gem is cast as a rooster -- the only rooster -- in a hen house. The object? To keep the system running. By making more chickens.

4
Achewood / Re: 23 September 2008 - My gentle autumn sirocco
« on: September 24, 2008, 03:37:42 am »
Worth. The. Wait.

What an elaborate way for those two to get it on. So complicated.

5
Achewood / Re: 27th August 2008 - a ski boat parked on white carpet
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:56:12 pm »
Even Ray's dialing has rhythm. I have always loved this. From the size of today's BOPs and DOPs, apparently Chris wants to be sure everyone loves it.

6
BTW it totes comes with a dough hook:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Stand+Mixers&cat=310&prod=349#features

They are correct to agitate for it.

7
Achewood / Re: 18 June 2008 - The Truth Is Revealed
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:52:31 am »
So happy with the recent RB-Molly wedding comics.

8
Did we know that T grew up with Ray and Beef?  This seems odd to me, given that the cats are...well, cats, and T is an alive stuffed animal. 

I didn't construe this to mean they all grew up together. When Theodore says "I'd open the pizza parlor we all went to as little kids" I took it to mean that all kids go to the same kind of pizza joint... like a shared cultural experience.

9
Achewood / Re: 7 May 2008 - you know... orally?
« on: May 07, 2008, 04:34:20 pm »
Beef could never be so lucky to actually score with a lady.

He could when it's really Bad Luck all gussied up to look like getting lucky...

10
Achewood / Re: April 30 2008 - Is this a... Friends' Arrest?
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:44:57 pm »
the best I can do is tell you about the jokes I would have made if I only had the brainpower to make them. 

Had you made them, my laughter would have commenced with a poorly-stifled chortle, followed by a wheezing haw as the full brunt of the humor settled on me. Little aftershocks of nuance would punctuate the descending trail of hehs with a staccato pattern suggesting, but not achieving, a titter.

11
Achewood / Re: April 30 2008 - Is this a... Friends' Arrest?
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:31:04 pm »
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04302008

I like this thread title, but I am confused about the placement of the apostrophe.


I think this is the correct apostrophe placement to indicate the possessive for a plural noun which ends in s:
http://www.meredith.edu/grammar/plural.htm#Plural%20possessive

However, I'm not certain Ray is concerned about being arrested by more than one friend. It is puzzling.

12
Achewood / Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« on: March 07, 2008, 09:03:50 pm »
This is so full of awesome. At first I was all excited about a comic with Molly (new, improved hair sheen!) but the part about Beef getting to be an angry blue-collar father for winning a bet... that was chilling for me. I can see how that is a reward for him... but should Molly indulge this? What was the bet?

13
Achewood / Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:25:51 pm »
Is it bad that I enjoyed Cathy when I was in grade school? It was right up there with Bloom County for me. Granted I was 11 and I didn't grasp most of what either strip contained... This is something about myself that has gone relatively unexamined.

14
Is Beef doing finger quotes in panel 4? Is he placing ironic emphasis on raw? I gather from his distant look and the smaller size of his text that when Ray gets on a topic like this Beef injects a measured amount of commentary... you know, just to keep his friend from ranting all one-sided. But I didn't think he'd do finger quotes... because he just talks that way.

15
Achewood / Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« on: October 29, 2007, 09:06:48 pm »
I wish Mr. Bear would confirm my fantasitiosity.

I'm no Mr. Bear, but I hearby confirm your fantasticosity.

Pages: [1] 2 3