Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ...  (Read 5849 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gchedzhemov

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
...
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:45:57 pm »

...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:28:34 pm by gchedzhemov »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:55:12 pm »

Perhaps what's wrong with my life is that I don't spend enough time stacking tightly-rolled camp towels.

At least I never have to apologize to the drapes, though. We don't have any drapes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:04:47 pm »

Also an acceptable thread title: 'GLARRRGH!'
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:25:46 pm »

Primary character: Ray

Good to see Onstad owns his inability to maintain a big cast.

MORE TALKING DRAPES!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 12:58:39 am »

Personally, I'm most intrigued by Steak Day.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 01:01:35 am »

I fuck*ng KNEW it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:03:43 am »

Personally, I'm most intrigued by Steak Day.

It's like Pizza day, but Ray rolls higher class than that.
He doesn't specify but I'm willing to bet it's Kobe Steak Day.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:54:23 am »

Achewood has gone meta, and I like it.

I also like Steak Day.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 04:35:30 am »

The day Cathy Guisewhite pens a strip with Irving's tubesteak flopping out of his gym shorts like Roast Beef's skateboarding scene is the day I'll acknowledge the Rapture has arrived.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 04:53:25 am »

The idea of how Cathy G would render genitals graphically is funnier than all Cathy strips, ever, all put together and times twelve.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 04:55:24 am »

Im pretty sure this is how every "romance" novel is written.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 12:15:02 pm »

Well, isn't Onstad just being all Mr. Sassy with this strip?
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 03:20:13 pm »

The idea of how Cathy G would render genitals graphically is funnier than all Cathy strips, ever, all put together and times twelve.

This makes me wonder if there's Cathy porn out there.

And now that I have imagined it, it must exist.  I really don't want to look.  ACK!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 03:58:16 pm »

Feeling depressed about your job today, Chris.  It's OK.  Everything is meaningless anyway.  Embrace it as freedom.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

hammish

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
  • Hammish has not been renewed for 2009.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb. 18, 2008 - Understanding Maniacs, by H. Norton Shales
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 09:25:51 pm »

Is it bad that I enjoyed Cathy when I was in grade school? It was right up there with Bloom County for me. Granted I was 11 and I didn't grasp most of what either strip contained... This is something about myself that has gone relatively unexamined.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up