Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: So... what've you been listening to lately?  (Read 34261 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »

I've just discovered the wonders of torrent trading.  So far, I've gotten a few 1973 / 1978 Stones shows, a compilation of Neil Young from the Time Fades Away tour, Stevie Wonder 1973, a bunch of old Television with Richard Hell, and this unreleased Pretty Things album recorded with a French drug dealer who paid them to write songs and let him sing them.  

Yay torrents.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2005, 07:57:21 pm »

Have any of you ever listened to the Delgados? I've been enjoying the hell out of their music today, the culmination of an eight- or nine-day Delgados kick that's been steadily building. I must have listened to "Accused of Stealing" five times already, and I really don't plan on letting up. It's such a terrific song.

Unfortunately, that song does not appear on Hate, which is their Album I Would Recommend to Anyone. Man. So good.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
So... what've you been listening to lately?
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2005, 08:59:30 pm »

The David Murray Octet, Murray's Steps at the moment.  Long time favorite of mine.

And I'm locking this one too.  Because I'm in that kind of mood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up