Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is EVERYBODY dang it  (Read 12134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2006, 02:44:25 pm »

I was not implying anyone else should stop whining or was trying to one-up me.  Seriously, I was counting my blessings.    It is good to have a sense of perspective.

But wait - I did NOT mean that I was going to stop whining about people not posting enough.  You guys have been slacking off!  Yesterday was better.  Keep up the good work.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2006, 04:36:00 pm »

Not to add to the list of woes, but I picked up a stomach parasite while in Indonesia, and was in and out of hospitals and doctor's offices for most of last week.  I still feel like my insides are broken and am awaiting further test results before I can start treatment.  Also, some serious personal life shit hit the fan.  Hence not posting much.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2006, 05:29:05 pm »

Not to add to the list of woes, but I picked up a stomach parasite while in Indonesia, and was in and out of hospitals and doctor's offices for most of last week.  I still feel like my insides are broken and am awaiting further test results before I can start treatment.  Also, some serious personal life shit hit the fan.  Hence not posting much.

Yikes. Prepare yourself for incoming Good Vibes. Transmitting in 3. 2. 1.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2006, 07:11:45 pm »

yeah, you think that was bad! I died!... Yesterday! And then, some people kicked my body!

This line made me snort ramen noodles up my nose. 

+can
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:52 pm »

I can't decide which is worse, a stomach parasite or ramen noodles up your nose, but I continue to count my blessings.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 08:53:14 pm »

I am sorry for everyone whose insides are broken. If it is any comfort, though, all the descriptions of inside-breaking in terms of being excruciating (a Xenomorph trapped in your abdominal cavity &c.) help to alleviate a weird hypochondriac fear I have had since young times that I might not recognize the signs of appendicitis/other assorted organ ruptures, think I just had the stomach flu or something, and die. It seems clear now that, should my appendix or anything else rupture, I will know very quickly and will presumably be able to get to the hospital in time.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 09:24:26 pm »

Wait, that's a weird fear?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up