Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is EVERYBODY dang it  (Read 12145 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2006, 08:39:06 pm »

Is that how you strained yourself?  Too much "social activity?"
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2006, 10:00:17 pm »

So I didn't die from the anesthesia and I am not full of gas but I have been very lethargic and am just getting around to finding this thread again, which was a lot of trouble, because how was I supposed to remember it was the 'where is everyone' thread that had turned to talk of surgery.  But appropriate, because where the hell have you all been while I've been lying on the couch for four days looking for something to read?  It has been so slow that I have been reduced to reading episode recaps of Gilmore Girls at Television Without Pity.  For shame, my imaginary friends, for shame.

I have not had a lot of pain, actually, except I think I strained something today.  One of the things these written instructions tell me to avoid is 'excessive social activity.'  Is that what you kids are calling it nowadays?

Jesus, omba! Glad to have you back with us.

I have had ovarian cysts rupture several times, but they were all small enough (10cc's of fluid or less) that they didn't need to do surgery. I guess they would just wait around and see if I turned septic, or if my body stepped up to the plate and took care of it. Yuck.

And talk about PAINFUL. Ovarian cysts fuckin' suck. They are awful.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2006, 10:04:37 pm »

Dang, I have no idea what we are talking about, but, I am sorry ladies.  This does not sound fun.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 10:10:37 pm »

Quote from: pmcd9
Too much "social activity?"

Ice cream social activity.

Box lunches, bicycles with one big wheel and two tiny ones, use of paper megaphones.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2006, 10:16:53 pm »

Well I will definitely stay off the pennyfarthing bicycles for now. 

And now that I can pay more attention to other people's problems - why is it OK to take out someone's whole entire gall bladder?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2006, 10:23:34 pm »

Dang, I have no idea what we are talking about, but, I am sorry ladies.  This does not sound fun.

Have you ever had your appendix rupture? That's what it feels like to have an ovarian cyst rupture. Let me see if I can paint a picture for you.

You're driving over to your boyfriend's house and you notice that you're having some really sharp, uncomfortable pains in your stomach. Once you get to his house, you start feeling queasy until you're so nauseated you can't do anything but lie on the couch. You figure it's the flu. Then you start vomiting and ****ing as if everything in your GI tract that ain't nailed down is fleeing for the nearest exit. The abdominal pain is so sharp and crushing, that it intensifies to the point where you can't walk. Your oxygen sats drop because it hurts too much to take a full breath. You're curled in the fetal position until finally your boyfriend drives you to the hospital. The triage nurse makes you take a pregnancy test to see if you're suffering from a tubal pregnancy, and when you show up as "not pregnant" she determines that you ain't gonna die anytime soon, and you have to sit in a crowded ER waiting room for three hours. You're so exhausted that you want to cry, but you don't have enough energy to sob. You lie down on the hard, cold floor because there's nowhere else to lay down.

Finally they put you on a gurney and wheel you to a room, but you can't have anything to drink. Your mouth is bone dry and you'd kill for some water. Since you're dehydrated from all the vomiting and ***ting, they give you IV fluids (3 liters total!). Your stomach hurts so fuck*ng bad you can't see straight. They give you a quart of contrast solution to drink for the MRI or PET scan or whatever. You throw that up too, so they have to give you iodine as a contrast even though you have a thyroid condition and ask for them not to do it. The iodine burns like hell when they inject it into your veins. They do the scan, and the tech finds about 10cc's (milliliters) of free fluid around your ovary. They won't give you any pain meds, but they do give you some anti-nausea meds in your IV. Finally the pain subsides. They do another blood test, and they see that your potassium and magnesium are down, so you get a small paper souffle cup with some supplements to take.

That's about it. They give you some vicodin, more anti-nausea meds, and you get sent home. If you get septic (an infection), then they instruct you to come back.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2006, 10:43:07 pm »

oof.

my favorite is when my mum had some kidney stones. She recognized what was going down (she had had them before) but the nurse refused to believe her because she was not curled up in a fetal position, screaming in pain, etc. And then they took her blood pressure and realized she was on the verge of going into shock.

As I said to my roommate when we were watching something about a lady getting breast-reduction surgery because of her intense back problems... I am glad all I have to worry about is going bald.

And growing unfortunate body hair.

and... probably other things which I'm not thinking of.

Linn/wombie/etc, that stone-cold sucks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2006, 11:52:17 pm »

Whoa.  The whole surgical experience sucked, but not as bad as that.  I am officially going to try to stop whining now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2006, 11:58:47 pm »

yeah, you think that was bad! I died!... Yesterday! And then, some people kicked my body!

this reminds me of a story my dad told me about when he was growing up-- that whenever he complained about anything to his dad, he basically said "it isn't as bad as getting shot at in WWII," and if he complained to his mom/aunts/etc they basically started talking about the Depression.

So yeah, Wombat, don't think your Sucky-Ass Surgery is not a legitimate thing. Basically having anything taken out, or cut up, or put in... sucks. A lot. Try real hard to resist the Excessive Social Activity. Best wishes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 05:52:11 am »

Whoa.  The whole surgical experience sucked, but not as bad as that.  I am officially going to try to stop whining now.

DUDE! You have nothing to apologize for! I am glad that you got surgery and that you're doing better. It sounds like it was painful and the recovery time sucks...so be gentle with yourself and take plenty of time to recover!

My little tirade about my ruptured ovarian cysts wasn't meant as an "You think YOU had it rough..." it was more to illustrate to men and people without ovarian cysts how much they SUCK and to express my sympathy for you! I hope it didn't come across as being all lame. I'm going to be a much more aggro patient if I ever have that Experience again. :( I am sorry, omba!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2006, 06:00:32 am »

I think maybe she was implying for you to stop whining too Linnea.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2006, 06:04:27 am »

heh. Nothing you ladies have to go through can be as bad having to listen to all these WOMEN TALKING!

hah! am I right, guys? Am I right? *no one responds*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2006, 06:29:58 am »

heh. Nothing you ladies have to go through can be as bad having to listen to all these WOMEN TALKING!

hah! am I right, guys? Am I right? *no one responds*
+can
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2006, 01:04:43 pm »

Inev is on a roll this week.  Can'd. 

Also, Inev, HIGH FIVES on your statement.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2006, 01:36:04 pm »

dang. I should not-sleep more often. I feel... much more awake (?).

Although now I'm getting into this creepy stupor-type thing where I feel kind of numb.

Really the solution is to get on a healthier sleeping schedule with fewer random naps. As it is, my body thinks it is almost time to go to bed about 4 hours after I wake up (I shit you not. this is what happens if you go back to sleep after your first few classes.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up