Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Poll

Liquor of Choice

Vodka
- 8 (42.1%)
Gin
- 1 (5.3%)
Rum
- 0 (0%)
Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon
- 4 (21.1%)
Wine
- 1 (5.3%)
Some weird mixed drink you can only get from a Yeti in Tibet
- 1 (5.3%)
Write-In
- 1 (5.3%)
Why the hell would I care?
- 0 (0%)
Anything Out of a Stripper's Shoe
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 26, 2006, 11:29:00 pm


Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?  (Read 11723 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 03:20:22 pm »

I think I should probably try to find some decent bourbon now so I can find out if I actually like it or not but I suspect I wouldn't, I just tend to not like very sweet liquours. Even Baileys which is a favourite I can't stand to have too much of.

Maker's Mark is my usual, though my last trip to the liquor store I got a bottle of Elijah Craig, which was also quite nice.  Knob Creek is good stuff too.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 03:23:47 pm »

See also Woodford Reserve.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:52 pm »

Bourbon is not sweet.  If you are judging bourbon from drinking Southern Comfort, you're being sadly misled.

Southern Comfort is to bourbon as Drambuie is to Scotch, although Southern Comfort is nowhere near as tasty as Drambuie.

About the only way I can tolerate Southern Comfort is mixed with ginger ale or 7up.  Otherwise it's just too cloying.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 12:21:35 am »

True. Southern Comfort is like some kind of really nasty syrupy medicine.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 09:48:20 am »

These are encouraging words, now to find some good bourbon half way around the world from kentucky. Out of curiousity where is wild turkey on the spectrum?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 01:15:14 pm »

Out of curiousity where is wild turkey on the spectrum?

Low brother, like all kinds of low shenanigans.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 03:47:50 pm »

Low brother, like all kinds of low shenanigans.

I think you mean high, as in so high you wake up next to something scary.  Or in a ditch.  Or in Jail.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 04:12:01 pm »

Wild Turkey was Hunter S Thompson's drink of choice.  While driving.  At night.  With a gun in his other hand.

That's about all you need to know.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 05:37:45 pm »

Low brother, like all kinds of low shenanigans.

Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.

Wild Turkey is good, you fuck*ng ethanol snob.  Don't make me come over there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 05:44:39 pm »

Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.

Wild Turkey is good, you fuck*ng ethanol snob.  Don't make me come over there.

There's no accounting for taste.


Even if the godlike HST loved the stuff, I gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere.

I'm not saying it's Old Crow bad, mind...

And Burroughs drank Old Crow, so you know.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2006, 02:00:32 pm »

Just wondering, WT seems to be the go-to bourbon round these parts, not a big friend of mine but at least better than the ol' Comfort. Maybe I should just stick with metho mixed with fanta and and filtered through a stocking covered in boot polish (an ex-christian brother taught me that one).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2006, 04:46:18 am »

Doc, your avatar is really creeping me out.  I think we have a winner for next year's Touambies.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2006, 02:53:57 pm »

Thanks Miles, he is kind of an intense fellow isn't he? Just staring at him caused the following backstory to spring to mind: He is an ostracised youth who has longed for a particular young lady from afar, inspired by movies and other popular culture he turns up spontaneously on her doorstep to take her to the prom, convinced that in reality she must have noticed him too and their love is destined to be. Note the eyes that don't quite look in the same direction, those the the eyes the girl's mother has to look into as she explains 'Sarah left over half an hour ago with her boyfriend Danny... no I'm sorry she's never mentioned you.'
The moral here is that while life may be a story we tend to be the comic relief when we think we are main characters.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up