Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 13th, 2006 - They fall in among the trash and become it and are gone  (Read 7588 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile

I don't think it's "collecting" so much as "homeless guys wandering around where there's lots of old junk", but I'm almost positive that there's some trashspotting link lying in wait.


That was actually one of my first thoughts as well.

This strip didn't exactly jive with me either.  I think it's something with the dialouge moreso than the art?  Possibly the way that Phillipe's innocent jabber completely fucks with the creepy mood Onstad is trying to set?  I dunno.

I don't quite buy that the Swamp Dudes are all innocent.  Mostly because I don't actually think that they're blind.  Not sure why though.  Maybe because Pigman seemed to communicate with NoFace via pointing in the last strip. 
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile

Cynicar - your avatar's hair looks cockish.

Isn't there an unwritten rule that people deformed beyond a certain point are either evil toadies or (more often in the super-deformed spectrum) good guys? Think mutant toys in Toy Story. Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Elephant Man. It's totally an archetype, a terrible face and a heart of gold.

Anyhow, these particularly deformed creatures don't seem shallow enough to be pure good, but I don't think they're evil.

Why does everyone keep referring back to the GOF as if it raised the bar? It dragged on, like the Stoned Ray sequence. It lacked good action and substance during the actual fight.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile

I like to think of the collectors are like the collectors in the second Gaiman Sandman story arc.

Watch out for their eyes.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Or your skin.  Or people wearing leather ties.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Yeah, the tall one is totally like the Corinthian.
</comic-geekery>

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

The Elephant Man.

I think this is a case of it happening the other way around: We assume the elephant man was a nice guy *because* he was super-deformed. Dude was probably a dick, kept making everyone listen to his bible fan fiction.

Somehow the tall one doesn't work as the corinthian for me but the fat one on the wheelchair for some reason reminds me of dog soup.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

"hm. Sandman. The second one was... was that the one in the diner? No... it was... OH MY GOD PHILLIPE RUN!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile

Cynicar - your avatar's hair looks cockish.


Are you perchance referring to its ears?  Or the spattering on the top of its head?
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up