Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread  (Read 6395 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 08:55:02 pm »

"Slugs" are infertile eggs, nothing more miraculous.  No vertebrates giving birth to slimy inverts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:06 pm »

As for stories about the clientele so far:  When I left on Friday, my co-worker was still in the middle of a conversation with a customer that had already gone on for about half an hour, most of which had been about whether a particular frog was red or orange. 

Granted, there was a price difference between the two colors so I guess it mattered.  Don't ask me why there was a price difference - I assume the answer can only be about what the market will bear and the scarcity of the commodity or whatever, since all the frogs take exactly the same effort to produce.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 09:17:02 pm »

If one color is a recessive trait and thus more genetically rare then it's not as easy to produce.

Plus have you ever tried to get two frogs to get it on?  I mean I had a little Italian Bistro set up with a Gerbil Violinist to serenade them and everything.  All they did was ribbit and hop away.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 09:26:17 pm »

If one color is a recessive trait and thus more genetically rare then it's not as easy to produce.


Yeah, that might be why one is scarcer and more valuable. But as far as effort on our part it's all the same.

I am not sure yet what is going on with the genetics, though. I think most of the cases where we have different colors, they are not crossbreedings or anything like with the snakes.  I think they're all different wild subpopulations in the first place.  But I am not positive, as mostly so far I have been busy learning things like where we keep the fruit-fly medium and that there is nothing to listen to on 200 channels of satellite radio.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up