Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I suppose?  (Read 19936 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2007, 04:12:56 pm »

I don't know about urine testing, but hair samples hold drugs in them forever.  There have been studies done on Egyptian mummies that tested positive for marijuana after thousands of years.  Which is rather odd, really, when you consider that the plant is native to the New World.  They apparently also had access to cocaine and tobacco.

There's a theory that this is why Britney Spears shaved her head--K-Fed was going to have her drug tested in their custody case, and she got everyone to think she was just losing her mind when in fact she was destroying the evidence.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2007, 04:26:38 pm »

My brother is the "forensics expert" at a lab that tests piss, hair and saliva for drugs. Basically, it means he is third in charge of the department he is into. If you guys want me to ask him questions about How That Works, I can totally pass them along and post them here, if you like.

I don't know them off-hand, though, I'm not a good enough listener, I guess.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2007, 07:46:09 pm »

There's a theory that this is why Britney Spears shaved her head--K-Fed was going to have her drug tested in their custody case, and she got everyone to think she was just losing her mind when in fact she was destroying the evidence.

According to Slate CA only allows urinalysis
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2007, 08:24:48 pm »

According to Slate CA only allows urinalysis

Yeah, it seems likely to me that she's just batshit crazy.
Of course, she could have been thinking about the drug testing angle and not known what is specifically allowed or not in any given state, but I think even that is giving her too much credit for reasoning.  She needs to go away and be a rich person figuring out what to do with the next 50 years of her life.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2007, 08:30:13 pm »

people...
she looks really hot with the shaved head. Maybe she is going for the demographic of guys who like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2007, 08:32:57 pm »

I don't like my womens stubbly.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2007, 08:47:52 pm »

I dunno. The "surprised human lightbulb" look has never been my cup of teaties.

That's close enough to testes that I'm just going to consider it equivalent.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2007, 08:52:24 pm »

A cup of testes sounds like an appetizer at Jeff Dahmer's place.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2007, 08:59:54 pm »

I like the familiarity implied by your calling him "Jeff".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2007, 09:08:14 pm »

One of the best small-press comics I've ever read was called "My Friend Dahmer"...

An autobiographical story by the artist who... while wasn't quite friends with Dahmer... was, in high school, enough of an outsider where he and Dahmer were acquaintences and, further, the artist and his friends looked upon the early manifestations of Dahmer's madness as ironically-funny... to the point where they had a small "Jeffrey Dahmer fan club".

It was fuck*ng amazing.

Especially for me, as someone whose school would've blown up if not for the fact that an outsider who I was on okay terms with if he hadn't been so shoddy in building his bombs that he blew his arm off first, before he could get to us.

If you ever run across that comic, seriously, read it. It. Is. Rad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up