Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs  (Read 6856 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 01:37:33 am »

I don't know. I never realized there was a specific style-guide for this board. What's wrong with Chicago Manual of Style? Or Strunk & White? AP? Everybody has their own. Should I not be posting until I get the right one?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 01:40:44 am »

You get a can for being even more geeky than me.

Well dang nice to know it's good for something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 19, 2007: Vegan Cornish Got-Game Heńs
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 03:36:59 am »

But isn't New York Times style to always use the title? 


I don't know about New York Times style, but the AP Stylebook (as of 1988, alas...) requires that one use the full name and title on first reference and thereafter just the last name.

Damn.  Now I can't find my AP Stylebook...

Also, I don't work for the AP or any of its subscribers, so I'll use the AW Stylebook, thankyewverymuch.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up