Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.  (Read 7262 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 01:46:43 am »

Is this considered a bad thing?  Maybe she was trying to pay you back in kind for all the grelicious birdseed.

My dad kept threatening to make the eggs into an omelet, but we freaked out. "Noooo! You can't eat Teela's babies!!!!"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 12:21:14 am »

I thought we'd established on this board the dictum: BABIES ARE DELICIOUS.

Yes. We TALKED about this!

This might be the one strip I wish everyone I knew had read and really gotten. At least so it would be something I could make reference to.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 03:05:28 am »

You do not want to hear a song about He-Man's girlfriend "Teela" to the tune of Layla.

CANN'D for the Teela reference!!!  You ROKK.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 04:57:54 am »

I like that I know that that was the name of your childhood pet bird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 12:22:04 am »

I like that I know that that was the name of your childhood pet bird.

I was talking to a lady here about the pet bird thing, and apparently the vet wanted our dove to go to a bird sanctuary to avoid having impacted eggs. When there's nobody to fertilize the eggs, the lady bird just keeps laying them. Her body can produce so many that they can get backed up, become impacted, and she will die.

The more you know.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up