Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Poll

Fuck yes, dude?

FUCK YES, DUDE!
Oh hell yes!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeward Bound to Denver  (Read 6783 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2007, 01:39:09 am »

Wombles is much better.  Omba... confuses me.  I don't know why.  Whenever you call her that, I'm like "Who?  ...oh.  right."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2007, 01:40:52 am »

Wombles is the one I use . . . because it invites more snuggles.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2007, 03:54:19 am »

Or if I choose to pay $1,100 for an apartment it will be hella nice, and not a filthy 550-square-foot hovel. Here in AK I was lucky to even find someplace to live, and the landlady knew it, and she charged me accordingly. Sheesh. 

So you clearly won't be moving to the DC-area any time soon. My first apartment in Arlingon was exactly $1,100 for a 550-square-foot walk-up. Plus electricity.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 05:43:53 am »

You should move to Utah then.  I had an 1100sf* apartment and I paid $550 for it.

*Actually I think it was bigger than 1100sf, but that wouldn't be as funny would it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 06:58:19 am »

Wombles is much better.  Omba... confuses me.  I don't know why.  Whenever you call her that, I'm like "Who?  ...oh.  right."

It was Lore Fitzgerald Sjoberg who said that Wombats were the best animal cuz they have a "wom", a "bat," and an "omba". That's why I call her Omba.

So you clearly won't be moving to the DC-area any time soon. My first apartment in Arlingon was exactly $1,100 for a 550-square-foot walk-up. Plus electricity.

Yeah, electricity ain't included in mine, either. There is no washer/dryer either. Plus I have to pay a landfill fee, AND HAUL MY RUBBISH TO THE LANDFILL MYSELF. While my head gets divebombed by filthy ravens and bald eagles swoop menacingly over head. And I have to wade through rivers of garbage juice. ...Oh wait, I only have to do that for one more week! Heh!!

Jeez, I think  I'm repeating myself here. Sorry about that. I whine a lot. Sorry.

You should move to Utah then.  I had an 1100sf* apartment and I paid $550 for it.

*Actually I think it was bigger than 1100sf, but that wouldn't be as funny would it.

Dammit, you are just trying to rub it in.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2007, 11:25:08 am »

Dammit, you are just trying to rub it in.

The downside is you have to live in Utah.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2007, 08:23:08 pm »

Plus I have to pay a landfill fee, AND HAUL MY RUBBISH TO THE LANDFILL MYSELF. While my head gets divebombed by filthy ravens and bald eagles swoop menacingly over head. And I have to wade through rivers of garbage juice.

Yeah, but the benefit there is that you get to look over all the "garbage" and take goodies home if you want. They don't let you do that in the real world. Probably some bullshit insurance thing.



Note to other board denezins who may live somewhere in the real world: When I lived in Wasilla, AK, this shit happened all the time. I did not have garbage service at the house, and I had to load my truck up with all my garbage periodically and run it to the dump. People were always walking through the landfill hauling "valuable items" out. It was like a free garage sale. This almost certainly happens at other places, but that was the only place I ever lived that it did. Of course here in Portland, everybody just drags that crap to the curb and puts a sign on it that says "free". Well of course it's free, motherfucker - it's garbage.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 09:08:55 pm »

Yeah, but the benefit there is that you get to look over all the "garbage" and take goodies home if you want. They don't let you do that in the real world. Probably some bullshit insurance thing.

Yeah, they have a special table at our baler building for the set-aside stuff. It's pretty awesome. The dudes just loooove going there and rooting around for new stuff. One of my coworkers said that she hated to have her husband go to the landfill just because he would come home with more shit than he came to throw away.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 03:12:04 am »

Man, thanks a lot, Lenny!

I have a little bit of damage to repair so I can get my deposit back. He clawed the landlady's table, so I had to get wood putty, fill it, sand it, and repaint the table legs. Of course...I'm too lazy to repaint everything. I got a French Manicure pen from Sephora, so I'm using that to cover the yellowish wood putty. I cut up an old t-shirt and covered each table leg with it.

Milan wrote the book on being good, of course. Lenny is good when he's sleeping! ;) Heh. Just kidding, he is sweet all the time, and he manages to be mostly good when he's not destroying shit.

Lenny is proud of the effort that is undertaken to erase the marks made by his bad little claws.
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:14 pm »

Yeah, I'm super-excited that my twiiiiin is moving back to civilization, yo!  :)  I feel like I haven't posted in forever. 

I can't wait to have her and the bad little rats (Milan and Lenny) home again!  It will be awesome!  Here's to Linnea coming baaaack!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 11:59:42 pm »

Yeah!! it will be great to be home. I had a phone interview today and it looks like I might have an in person interview on Monday or Tuesday.

Also, a news bulletin: Packing to move can go eat a bowl of dicks. This is horrible. I have my friends coming in 24 hours to help me load all this shit and take it to the warehouse. From there it will be shrinkwrapped onto pallets. It will cost roughly $1,000 per pallet of boxes, and I don't even have any furniture. It will get shipped to Tacoma, and from there my freight forwarding dude will put it on a truck to Denver.

Craaazy. I'm glad that it's summer, because otherwise I would be hella pissed about being separated from my Tassimo espresso machine for this goddamn long.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 12:09:32 am »

How long will it take to get your stuff to Denver?

Also, when will you be back in civilisation?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 12:28:15 am »

How long will it take to get your stuff to Denver?

Also, when will you be back in civilisation?

Man, I have no idea. Probably 4 to 6 weeks for my shit to show up.

I will be in town on July 1st. Hopefully my interview will be on July 2nd. I really want to get a vehicle ASAP. If I had a car it would only take me 20 minutes to get from my place to work...taking the bus means that it's at least 45 minutes to commute 8 miles in suburbia. Yay.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Homeward Bound to Denver
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2007, 12:32:42 am »

Hey, you'll only be a three-hour flight away, then.

DON'T BE A STRANGER
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up