Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 17, 2008 - COO COO CLUCK CLUCK SIGN ME BOOK PLEASE  (Read 7507 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 17, 2008 - COO COO CLUCK CLUCK SIGN ME BOOK PLEASE
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 12:54:15 am »

Hey Doc,

I heard a lovely little rumor about New Zealand that I'm scared to actually get confirmed or denied, but: is it true that sign advertising is required by law to be hand-painted?  Because if so, that's the best darn law this anarchist has ever heard of.
wait what? Didnt you just describe yourself as an ultra liberal? And now youre an anarchist... but an anarchist who loves ridiculous legislation?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 17, 2008 - COO COO CLUCK CLUCK SIGN ME BOOK PLEASE
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 02:35:36 am »

Pragmatics you know.  Anarchism forms the base philosophical underpinnings of how I've been seeing the world, but it's not like going to happen any time soon.  For me the philosophy has more to do with the democratization of power (there are always going to be people richer than one another, but it's a worthy goal to pursue a society where that distinction does not give one a louder voice in society).

My hatred of billboards goes beyond my uneasiness with current systems of law.  Commercial regulation, especially when it creates a huge job class for signpainters doesn't really upset me.  Like that NJ law that gas has to be hand pumped.  Keeps jobs available.  It's a much more effective way of leveling things than tax and redistribute.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up