Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts  (Read 2364 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

Link.

I am enjoying this story arc immensely.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

For some reason the first thing I thought of was to wonder if Mr. Williams knows Dr. Sumbitches. Ray seems to be treating them in the same offhand manner and I think his fate will be similar.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

And Cornelius is going to become the founder of Williams-Sonata.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

And Cornelius is going to become the founder of Williams-Sonata.

He certainly should, based on the rules.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Identical elephant costumes?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

I'm disappointed Ray's speech bubble cut off before we could learn his celly number. 

IDEA FOR ONSTAD: You wanna monetize Achewood, you open up a service where users can text whatever they want to Ray at a customized short code [NOTE: I suggest 729729 for "RAYRAY"] and, for 99 cents a pop plus standard message fees, Ray hits them back with something cool.

It'll be like that KGB or ChaCha service, only from a fake cartoon cat and with no expectation of accuracy, coherence or quality.

BONUS IDEA: Open it up to other characters.

Beef: SADCAT
Philippe: HUUUGS
Li'l Nephew: NEPHEW
Teodor: TEODOR
Lyle: 4LEMMY

These are the new 1-900 numbers.  These are the quick and dirty cash cows of this technological epoch.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

wait, i love so many lines from this strip.

"I am almost one hundred. what do I care."

"becomes or already is the founder of williams-sonoma."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile

I hope I am that cool when I am almost one hundred.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

Onstad writes secret romance novels, pass it on.
Logged
ACHIEVE

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

This thread's title will always be BLOO-DEEP for me.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Who is Ronnie, Mr. Sonoma?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up