Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first retarded tech mini-project  (Read 3799 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 11:28:49 am »

Not tryin' to throw stones, A-Cap.
No.
No.
Do not even try to explain now.
I am clearly way butt hurt about this and there is no way our internet friendship will ever be the same.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 12:34:21 pm »

No.
No.
Do not even try to explain now.
I am clearly way butt hurt about this and there is no way our internet friendship will ever be the same.

Ha ha!  You don't even know how much an antique phone weighs!

Philistine.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:44 pm »

At my last apartment we needed a land line for the buzzer. You could have the buzzer call any number you wanted  but it didn't make much sense to have it ring my roommate's cell phone because she was often in Chicago. And it didn't make sense for it to ring mine because I was at work when roommate was home.

So since we had a land line I used it all the time. The phones themselves were way more comfortable to talk on, never ran out of battery, and sounded better. And since I have Google Voice none of my friends needed to learn a new number. Now that I live alone I won't pay $20/month for that convenience but I might pay $5 bundled w/ my cable service.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 02:38:15 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 04:12:53 pm »

I'll Call You Back

I Just Called

Seriously, though - when you lose your shit, it's way more fun to slam that receiver down about ten times on a real, honest-to-God phone, all clanging and jangling and then breaking. Also, you can't use a cellie as a garrote.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 08:08:52 am »

Once upon a time, I was on the phone with someone while driving. 

They had said something super awful to me.  (I don't remember clearly, but certainly awful things were said back and forth.  I was younger and burned hotter then.)  It was one of those Kill Bill/Ironsides moments where I saw red, and the only thing that would, could pay was the phone.  So I threw it directly out of the car window.



Or... I would have, had the window not been rolled up.  Instead I mashed it up against the window with a *PONK* noise, and it landed in my lap.  The person on the other end still yelling, and me all stewing in impotent rage.


Certainly slamming a phone down would have been better, were the option telephonically available to me.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 10:48:41 pm »

Obviously, the answer is 10-pound red analog phone mounted in your center console.

Never get a ticket for talking on your phone. ever
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 11:28:11 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 07:20:42 pm »

there is a product for sale I saw somewhere recently that is basically an adapter that is an RJ-whatever jack (the size used by telephone handsets, which is slightly smaller than the size used by a wall jack) connected to a standard size co-axial plug of the variety that most cell phones have a jack for.  So you could have your cell phone in your pocket, and be talking on the old-fashioned handset.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: My first retarded tech mini-project
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:02 pm »

Thanks for that fanta.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up