Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog Booties?  (Read 4072 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Booties?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »

This is the 60 dollar boot we sell, with the molded sole:
http://www.ruffwear.com/Barkn-Boots-Grip-Trex
But these actually look too breathable to be warm. In fact, they sell socks for them.

The other one that we just got in is a little cheaper, like 40 dollars, and looks pretty good actually:
http://www.ultrapaws.com/Ultra-Paws-Rugged-Dog-Boots/productinfo/303R/

That company has cheaper and more expensive models - that one is kind of in the middle and it seems like enough to me. But I don't know, you do seem to live in a tough neighborhood, maybe you need the Xtreme model with Kevlar in them?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Booties?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 04:39:07 pm »

My friend wears suits with kevlar fiber because the way he goes about making money tends to piss people off. There are sections of his wardrobe designated "ak-47" and "knife" depending on what the threat level is for him that day. The day your dog needs to take this into consideration is a day he should avoid altogether.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Booties?
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 02:43:57 pm »

Thanks Wombat, I appreciate the input so much.  The Ultra Paws look really good.  There are a few designer pet shops and one huge pet super store that's really far away from our house, and I'll find out if they carry these, and hopefully be able to have our dog try them on.  I'll let you know if I have any success!

The day your dog needs to take this into consideration is a day he should avoid altogether.

If it weren't sad it would be funny, but things I have had to avoid my dog stepping on while walking include used needles.  My husband has a fear of used needles, where as I don't because I know how to properly dispose of them.  There was a period during the summer where we encountered the same needle over and over on the evening walks with the dog, and my husband was too terrified to let me pick it up and deal with it, so we were always avoiding letting the dog walk near there to avoid an unintentional needle stick.  I started feeling that this was pretty silly and on a walk I bent over to pick it up when he was distracted by the dog, but saw me bending and he wouldn't let me deal with it.  At night, he was talking in his sleep and clearly having a nightmare involving me and needles.  When I was out of town, someone dropped two or three used needles on our front boulevard, and my husband was so upset he called poison control.  They told him to used a paper cup to scoop them up.  He said he used two cups cone to scoop, the other to nudge them in to avoid any contact.  He was really upset about this, but he took care of it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dog Booties?
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 04:13:48 pm »

When we still owned our truck, I went out one morning to run some kind of errand and found a Burger King bag in the bed just chock full of needles. I wasn't terrified about it, but it did kind of piss me off that I had to deal with it. I don't have one of those biohazard containers laying around.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Booties?
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 01:57:17 am »

I guess its a perq of my job that I do have such containers then?  It came in handy when I found a rusty razor blade on the sidewalk once.  If I had a drug habit my workplace would be Nirvana.  All the sterile needles and syringes a junkie could hope for.  No testing either.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dog Booties?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 03:00:55 am »

Maybe you could get one?

The last company I worked for sent me an email telling me I had to go in for a test sometime within the next 45 days. I didn't want to fly to Anchorage early for the test, so I decide to wait until I was back at work. I was about ten days away from the due date when I got another email informing me that if I wan't going to be able to get in, I could have an additional 15 days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up