Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rib popping good  (Read 14119 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2011, 06:18:19 am »

what you call capsicums we call bell peppers, and they're totally not the same thing dude.

I know, I know. I was just saying that because if you asked for a pepper around here, even a bell pepper you'd never get a capsicum. We just like to randomly exclude plants from their family for no good reason.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2011, 02:31:36 pm »

I know, I know. I was just saying that because if you asked for a pepper around here, even a bell pepper you'd never get a capsicum. We just like to randomly exclude plants from their family for no good reason.

It's a slippery slope from there to eugenics.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 02:47:27 pm »

It's a slippery slope from there to eugenics.

You know who else believed in eugenics?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 02:55:00 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 04:37:21 pm »

Quote from: AugustWest
You know who else believed in eugenics?

KHAN!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 01:42:10 am »

Chris Onstad?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2011, 03:28:56 am »

A week of talk about ribs has caused me to purchase some beef short ribs.  I'm thinking I want to put them in the slow cooker on Saturday as a sort of one week commemoration of my own rib popping loose.  Anyone ever done up short ribs in the slow cooker?  Thoughts?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 03:15:34 pm »

My thought is "awesome."  When I've done short ribs, I've done a braise on the stove top, so the slow cooker is a very similar vibe.  Last time I made them was this recipe:  http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/-Carbonnade-a-la-Flamande-Short-Ribs-358557
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

Pick something that fits your toothsomeness

On the one hand, that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. On the other hand, it's side_show, so it does apply.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2011, 11:42:20 pm »

Yeah I knew what I was doing with the words, but I also deliberately mangled the structure as a follow on because I have this conceit that it creates a patois of how I'm really thinking rather than just coming off as bizarre and impenetrable.

So yeah, I'm creating my own communication problems here, I 'spect.

Sorry, late to the party, but sometimes you write and I have to just roll with it and not try to understand it, and just enjoy the total package without getting a whole lot of substance out of it - because it sounds all good, but to try to figure out what you really mean might be too much work for AMBACC.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 03:19:36 am »

I've got a friend who creates his own language
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Rib popping good
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 06:58:14 am »

So long as he doesn't create his own religion.  Because down that path lies madness

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up