Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone game apps  (Read 5780 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 04:25:27 pm »

Download'd.

I got 47 out of 95 on the Kingston, yeah, that is disappointing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 10:23:05 pm »

Download'd.

I got 47 out of 95 on the Kingston, yeah, that is disappointing.

Keep trying - I'm up to 86, but I've spent a huge amount of time on it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:10 am »

I'm up in the sixties now. Still plugging away. I made the mistake of moving on when I could, and now I keep finding words I played in one city that I neglected to fine in the previous one.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 02:23:14 pm »

I'm up in the sixties now. Still plugging away. I made the mistake of moving on when I could, and now I keep finding words I played in one city that I neglected to fine in the previous one.
I made a decision that I wouldn't move on until I had at least five stars (half the words).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 02:45:34 pm »

Oh, I'm a completist. I'm at 73 in Kingstown and those last 22 are driving me crazy.

I actually woke up in the middle of the night, grabbed my iPhone, punched in a few words that came to me while my sleep-brain was anagramming, and went back to sleep.

Yeah, I think I should probably seek professional help. As soon as I finish this game.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 03:04:49 pm »

Kingston's my best city at four gold stars. I'm fairly confident I don't know the remaining words.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 09:39:00 pm »

I just got an iPhone for my birthiversary!  I am vaguely stunned and have yet to do anything at all with it.  I am not big on games but am eager to read through this thread now that I can put such information to use.  Apart from games are there some apps you folks recommend?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 11:16:41 pm »

I just got an iPhone for my birthiversary!  I am vaguely stunned and have yet to do anything at all with it.  I am not big on games but am eager to read through this thread now that I can put such information to use.  Apart from games are there some apps you folks recommend?

im glad you got a rad, fancy gift!
im glad you were born!
im glad!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 01:04:16 am »

I'm going to reiterate my recommendation of Tiny Wings, that is really a great game. I didn't play it for a long time and revisited it recently to show my BFF (who also just got an iPhone) and remembered how cool it is.

And I just got Ninja Hamster Rescue, which is really cute and fun if you like side-scrolling platform games. It's free, and it was developed here in the Triangle by a good-looking young man I met at an arts & technology con/festival downtown a couple of weeks, ago, so, yay for indie games, etc.

For non-game apps, iFood is the one I use most frequently. Recipes out the wazoo, mainly family-friendly, quick but healthy, searchable or browsable, with budget-friendly options and integrated shopping lists. I almost never pay for apps, but this one is worth every one of the 99 pennies I paid for it.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 11:36:41 am »

Hey, how come those angry birds need a slingshot?  Crazy, amirite!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 01:53:09 pm »

Solipskier and Words With Friends are the two I play the most. Sometimes some Peggle or Plants vs Zombies.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »

My buddy who introduced me to Carcassonne and I have a game going constantly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:17 am »

Hey, does anybody else have the Ticket to Ride app? We can totally play through GameCenter now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 04:26:10 am »

yeah! I was about to come here to post about it. I don't understand how it works so far, even with the video tutorial. I am going to keep trying to figure it out. Once I've played a few solo games I'm sure I will understand.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 02:15:37 pm »

draw something, anyone? if you're on there look me up. my username is totaltrek because choop was taken.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up