Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone game apps  (Read 5773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
iPhone game apps
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:04:43 am »

Whatcha got? Lately I have been playing something called Dungeon Raid and I am having some difficulty with it, but it is oddly compelling.

I'm also playing Pocket Frogs, but that is because of a problem.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:49:21 am »

Stick Wars is cool for the first, I dunno, six hours? Then it gets boring. I don't remember if it's free or not.

I am currently beleaguered by Pretty Pet Salon. That shit is like cocaine, but not as much fun. I downloaded it for my kids and while I was trying it out (to see if it was too hard for my 3 year old) I got hooked, and now I can't stop. Definitely do not play it.

Carcassonne is cool if you know other people who have it (hint hint) and can play with them online. It has a solitaire mode but it's not fabulous.

Tiny Wings is a dickload of fun.

I am also a fan of Must Eat Birds.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:31:41 am »

See, that's the thing with Dungeon Raid. It infuriates me, and then I play it for an hour straight when I should be sleeping. Fuck you Dungeon Raid, so hard.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 04:32:29 am »

The Carcassonne deal, how does the actual move thing work? Is it like chess by mail? I don't know how this stuff works.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:44:33 am »

is android games okay in this thread?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:46:29 am »

Anything goes in my threads, Choop. You know that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 05:59:00 am »

>_>

i can't get enough of "Pinball Deluxe" - three less-impressive tables with generous points and one fantastic table with a high degree of difficulty. i'm a big fan of pinball, so being able to play whenever i have a few minutes is fantastic.

i also play free poker via "Live Hold'em Poker Pro" (pro is one version of the app) pretty much every day.

when i first got this phone i bought "Need for Speed Shift." i nearly beat it, with just a few stars and cars left to collect, when i broke my phone and had to replace it with the same model. the app moved to my new phone, just like all my apps and data, but i've barely touched it since.

i've heard of tiny wings. it sounds fun. there's supposedly an android clone out there because the developers of tiny wings said they don't give a toss about anything but iphone. apparently they don't want to be as successful as rovio, but whatever. i have every star and hidden board topped out in all three versions of angry birds. i'd still like to try tiny wings.

i've been thinking of getting words with friends, but i'm kind of bad at scrabble.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »

The Carcassonne deal, how does the actual move thing work? Is it like chess by mail? I don't know how this stuff works.

It's a lot like Words with Friends. You make a move, hit "Submit," and the other person gets a notification that it's his turn. Inev and I have played a couple of games, it's neat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 05:59:15 am »

It's a lot like Words with Friends. You make a move, hit "Submit," and the other person gets a notification that it's his turn. Inev and I have played a couple of games, it's neat.

I will get this, then.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 07:38:36 am »

Got it. My iPhone is taking for-fuckin-ever to download stuff, so I haven't looked at it yet.

I wanted to share one of my favorite things about Dungeon Raid (mentioned above). It's basically a matching game - an six by six field on which you match three or more symbols to make them disappear, and new symbols drop from above. The idea behind the game is that you match swords to damage skulls, or you match shields to repair your armor, or you match potions to heal yourself. You buy better equipment by matching coins and raise your stats by gaining experience (through collecting shields or killing skulls). Anyway, before each game, a little paragraph comes up setting a little scenario, and there are quite a few different ones (they don't have any affect on the game):

Quote from: Dungeon Raid
You have spent the past several centuries on the throne of your dark palace, sending out undead minions to prey on the feeble peasants inhabiting the surrounding countryside. So it is with shock that you discover that an upstart demon lord is gathering forces in the sprawling catacombs under your very fortress. Furious, you will your ancient body out of the throne and lead your army into the tunnels in a pre-emptive siege against the demonling...
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 01:47:18 am »

Pm me info about how to connect with you in Carcassonne, would you? You guys will be able to feast on my bones; I'm having a hard time visualizing things.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:09 am »

I sent an invite to you via e-mail and started a game with you, me, and Inev. We'll be automatically added to your friends list when you accept.

I'm not awesome at the game; I know it pretty well, but I'm not a master strategist or anything. You'll do fine.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:56 pm »

In!

I got 7 words, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 04:27:54 am »

i can't get enough of "Pinball Deluxe" - three less-impressive tables with generous points and one fantastic table with a high degree of difficulty. i'm a big fan of pinball, so being able to play whenever i have a few minutes is fantastic.

Somehow I've missed this one. Downloading now.

i also play free poker via "Live Hold'em Poker Pro" (pro is one version of the app) pretty much every day.

Me too! If I'm not careful I can waste a solid two hours without even noticing it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: iPhone game apps
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 09:52:27 am »

I have this word-find kind of thing called textropolis, where you start with a nine-letter city name (Kingstown is first) and you find as many words as possible within those nine letters. When you find enough words, you unlock the next city name. I'm frustrated to see how many small words I do not know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up