Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where I'm from  (Read 7965 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Where I'm from
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 06:19:38 pm »

Looking at the house I grew up in is too depressing (all the fields I used to play in are now condos and townhomes), so here's my old lab.  It's the rectangular building near the center.  My office was on the top flor, in the lower right hand corner, and my lab was on the other side of the build 2 floors down.

But, now that I'm moving, my lab will be here, just to the left of dead center.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Where I'm from
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 07:47:43 pm »

At the corner of the two paved roads at the bottom of this image, one can see where ground is being cleared for the eventual construction of my apartment complex.

Seeing my childhood home (the house southeast of and directly parallel with the two water tanks) gave me serious chills. As though I'm looking at something that shouldn't technically exist, you know?
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Where I'm from
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 07:57:44 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

You may be interested in our moving sale that we're having so as to fit into the house we're moving into... (I don't know if the prices are right just yet so don't hold me to them)


oh my.
couch.
can't breath.
want.
so.
bad.
gasp.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Where I'm from
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2004, 09:51:38 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"

oh my.
couch.
can't breath.
want.
so.
bad.
gasp.


Damn straight!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Where I'm from
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2004, 07:48:03 am »

Frustratingly enough, I cannot find overhead photographs of anywhere I have lived.
However, what it did cause was me to find this page with a small tour of, not my home town, but close, seeing as I lived in a village of about a hundred or so people, seven miles from Lockerbie.
Interestingly, about the only things that really stood out in the pictures, were in the bottom photo on page 1.
The building with the white door, and yellow sign just to the right of the monument was the Happy Garden Chinese takeaway we used, and the triangular building on the very right was the chipshop.

It's really one of those little Scottish hick towns you get in the borders. Not been back in ten years, and I'm still not entirely sure if I will...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where I'm from
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2004, 01:26:39 am »

That couch is Awesome.  I have always been a fan of bendy sittable things.
And I miss Paul.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where I'm from
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2004, 03:51:16 am »

I have no idea what happened to Paul.  WTF is he?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Where I'm from
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2004, 03:56:49 am »

I got this e-mail from him yesterday.

Quote from: "Paul's e-mail"

I have been too busy to take the time to reload windows.  I'll be back soon.

~Paul
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Where I'm from
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2004, 01:25:52 pm »

Reload Windows?  Ugh.  Here I was going to suggest he run a tracert to see where the bad link is between him and Jough's server.  Hopefully he has a handle on it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up