Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Poll

How do you like your egg sandwich?

Scrambled, no meat
- 3 (7.5%)
Scrambled, meat
- 9 (22.5%)
Fried, no meat
- 12 (30%)
Fried, meat
- 8 (20%)
Raw with a side of guava juice
- 0 (0%)
Egg sandwich?  What is this egg sandwich of which you speak?
- 7 (17.5%)
Tofeggy w/ extra brown nut paste
- 1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 04, 2005, 03:30:52 pm


Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy  (Read 13874 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2005, 11:16:00 am »

I am moved by the romance of the idea of an egg sandwich served in Northern Indian train stations.  And the recipe sounds good too.

Although, Paul's pictures remind me that I think that not only are most American egg sandwiches better if you put bacon on them, they are then even better if you then also leave the egg out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 11:50:07 pm »

Yes, this recipe is getting tried by me sometime in the near future.

Or, I could just go to India.  My sister's friend lives there, so why the hell not?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2005, 03:14:59 am »

I'd just like to say that I've had two egg sandwiches since my last post in this thread...

I like to eat it fried (use olive oil; it adds extra flavour) in a toasted english muffin myself; I think once I used italian toast though.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2005, 06:59:05 pm »

I tried the Northern Indian train station sandwich LAST NIGHT!

And it was a fine thing.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2005, 10:59:38 pm »

The tofeggy option has duly recieved its vote.

I am hell of all about the breakfast.  Cereal's good, but too expensive.  Toast is good because I bake my own bread, but mostly I am all about pancakes, which is a fine meal especially because the vegan ones I make can be made out of pretty much nothing for any meal when one has no other food.  

But yes, the egg sandwich.  Sorry if this thread was dead, I've been trying to catch up on things.  One of my recent questionable achievements was attaining summer employment at Le Muffin Et Plus, a coffee retailer in the epicenter of a mall food court.  Anyways, so this involves making a variety of breakfast-type sandwiches, and I am testifying that fast food egg sandwich time things are an abomination that nobody should consume, or have to assemble.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2005, 04:29:12 pm »

The Indian egg sandwich rocks.  Thank you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2005, 06:54:18 am »

My dad (born in North India) would make us a sort of egg sandwich that was grilled between a layered, unleavned, whole wheat grilled indian flatbread (not chappatis or naan, but I don't know it's proper name) that was pretty good. I don't know if Indians generally use "european" style bread for this sandwich or not but it does sound good.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up