Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Poll

Who ya like to rule the NFL this year?

Eagles
- 0 (0%)
Patriots
- 3 (10%)
Colts
- 3 (10%)
Panthers
- 1 (3.3%)
Seahawks
- 2 (6.7%)
Chiefs
- 1 (3.3%)
someone else
- 8 (26.7%)
jeez, who CARES?
- 12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 09, 2004, 01:25:06 pm


Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Europeans call it "gridiron"  (Read 26785 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2005, 08:14:03 pm »

The Chargers are notorious for being slow negotiators who eventually cave.  I can't recall a #1 pick of theirs that made it into camp on time.  Not sure why it happens, but it's too common to be coincidence.  It doesn't seem to be anything the players set out to do on their own.

Now that I'm out here, though, I hope they're good enough to knock out the filthy Pats, but not enough to beat the Colts or the Mighty Pittsburgh Steelers.  Sometimes I think I like too many teams...

Tangent: I think rookie wage scales will be a big part of the next CBA negotiations.  If that happens, first round holdouts might go away, and I would be happy to see it.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up