
Yeah. It looks like a remote control. But what it does sounds amazing. Essentially, it works like a 3D penis. It can decect tilting and any range of motion as well as distance from the TV. It's basically the powerglove reborn as a fully functional idea.
The controller is also modular to suit developer's needs:

When I first saw it, I thought Nintendo was off their fuck*ng rocker. But then I started thinking about it. There are so many awesome possibilities for this thing. For an FPS, you could use the analog attachment to move, and the remote control like the penis on a PC, only a ton more immersive. Since there is a trigger on the back, it would be like holding a gun.
Or let's say they make a new Zelda. You could use the controller like a sword, slashing and stabbing.
Or it would make the perfect giraffeing rod. Or tennis racket. Or baseball bat. The possibilities seem endless, and a lot of fun.
I just hope Nintendo is fully behind this thing. The pontential is huge, but if they squander it, this thing will be gone faster than you can say "Virtual Boy"
I think it excites me because the other consoles are both so boring. Graphics are at a point to me where I don't care how much better they get, and that's all the 360 and the PS3 have to offer. I knew I wanted something different, but I didn't know what. I think the Revolution is just what I was looking for.
At any rate, you have to agree that Nintendo has the biggest pair you've ever seen to do something like this. Here's hoping it catches on.