Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!  (Read 5632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 02:13:47 am »

Am I the only one who noticed that the DAAAAAAAANG NACHOS bit was the "possessed banjo" strip with reworded bubble and an open nacho box instead of a cellphone?

Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 02:48:07 am »

I would really like to see a few hand drawn strips now.

Oh, man, I would really like to eat some nachos.

Am I the only one who noticed that the DAAAAAAAANG NACHOS bit was the "possessed banjo" strip with reworded bubble and an open nacho box instead of a cellphone?

...wow. Way to...wow. I'm not sure if I should encourage that.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 07:47:10 am »

I think there are very few cartoonists out there who don't have hundreds of frames and characters drawn in different positions, attitudes, and expressions on hand and use them when appropriate. What's the point of hand drawing 10,000 frames if you can't take advantage of the work you already did? I doubt anyone creates 100% original art every single time over years.

Plus, it's the holidays.
Plus, it's almost fascinating in a sick sort of way that you would notice that. I think it's safe to answer your question 'Yes. Yes you are."
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 02:27:04 am »

I think there are very few cartoonists out there who don't have hundreds of frames and characters drawn in different positions, attitudes, and expressions on hand and use them when appropriate. What's the point of hand drawing 10,000 frames if you can't take advantage of the work you already did? I doubt anyone creates 100% original art every single time over years.

Plus, it's the holidays.
Plus, it's almost fascinating in a sick sort of way that you would notice that. I think it's safe to answer your question 'Yes. Yes you are."

I kept my mouth shut about Milklin's first appearance on Fuck You Friday though.
Logged

redshifter

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 06:48:51 am »

onstad could take a few lessons from tony millionaire about drawing 19th century ships.

plus we need more lie-bot and onstad picking up ray and roast beef.  "what the hell are you doing?"
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 02:15:04 am »

Today, in rememberance of this strip, I ate some nachos.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 02:32:38 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 11:40:21 am by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up