i think it's not that it's televised, but that people attend the fight and watch. after all, if you recall, ray's mom did go with rodney to the fight. and, when ray proves to teodor that his dad was rodney, part of what he bought on ebay was a spectator ticket.
it's probably commentary for the audience outside of the fence.
oh man, what i wouldn't give to see some of the audience. maybe some of our people are there. mr bear? molly? chucklebot? the possibilities are Endless.
I don't know. The Fight seems to me like the kind of event where there are no spectators. Everyone who is there must participate. And we've seen no indication of spectators (aside from the spectator ticket that Ray bought, but who's to say that today's Fight still allows spectators?) -- the Fight seems to be fairly well-known, so presumably if there
were spectators, there would be a
lot of them, all massed outside the fence. But we haven't seen anyone outside the fence, aside from the partici##### as they were waiting for the gate to open.
I think it would be out of character for Mr. Bear to take an interest in the Fight. Then again, before today's strip I would also have said that I think it'd be out of character for Ray to cold rip a dude's face off, so who knows. I'm not really familiar enough with Chucklebot's character to form an opinion about whether he'd be interested, but I can't imagine he would be, based on what I've seen. He seems to associate only with the other *****s (of course, having said this, I'm sure someone will produce a link to a strip proving me wrong now), and the Fight seems to be a cat-only affair.
(hi yes I joined because of this arc too)