Dang man, you're the one supposed to be commenting! You're Mr Reviewer Dude!
Yes I know, i've got problems.
Ok, here it is...
Before I get to the music I'd like to say a word about the philes themselves. They are HELLA fuck*ng LOUD!!! They top off the volume on my I-Pod at level 4.
The disc starts out with a piano number, Widcome Flight/MacClaine Colston which serves as a great calm before the storm intro into the disc. We are then treated to a seven song block of old school punk rock which is broken up only slightly by the reflective Bill McCai. I tend to forget that punk rock can be very melodic. This is especially true among British punk bands. The pace slows a bit in the middle and we are treated to a series of delightfully whimsical songs highlighted by the delightful Kooks and the delightfully creepy Statue of Liberty. The disc drags a bit then picks up again with Golden Brown which is just a great song. I've got to listen to more music by this band. This is followed by A Town Called Malice which I am loving, but I wonder if 15 year old Judy even knows that it is a total homage to (Love is Like a) Heatwave. The disc winds down with the Belle & Sebastian song with the Spinal Tap inspired title that Judy takes his name from. It's a lovely denouement for the disc. The music overall I would charecterize as containing much youthful excitement. It's a very innocent and optimistic disc, yet also mature. Curiously there are two songs about lost youth which seems an odd choice for a 15 year old, but perhaps he's included these as cautionary tales to himself to live life to the fullest.
To use Judy's rating system, this disc is VERY SWISH!!!
~Paul