Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]  (Read 3201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« on: June 09, 2006, 06:27:18 pm »

I don't have time to post a sufficient review at the moment, but I will when I return home from work this evening.  My one sentance review would be "Full of youthful enthusiasm."  I'll get back to you this evening with a full review, but there's nothing preventing the rest of you from offering your two pence.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:32:33 pm »

"Full of youthful enthusiasm."

~Paul

Which is the nice way of saying 'too much punk!'
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:37:20 pm »

Which is the nice way of saying 'too much punk!'

Don't shoot yourself in the foot, I love this mix.  The punk levels are just right, plus it's all old school so it kicks ass.  My favorite tune though is the Bowie.  It's a tune I'd never heard before, what album does it come from?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:59:14 pm »

Don't shoot yourself in the foot, I love this mix.  The punk levels are just right, plus it's all old school so it kicks ass.  My favorite tune though is the Bowie.  It's a tune I'd never heard before, what album does it come from?

~Paul

Hunky Dory. I seriously recommend checking it out, it's excellent. Not quite Man Who Sold The World, not quite Ziggy Stardust.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:51:54 pm »

Damn Judy, nobody wants to comment on your mix.  I'm sorry.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:56:31 pm »

I will comment!

I liked Judy's mix so much that I hosted it!!  Or.. well I did.. until I fucked up the page.  I will fix that momentarily.

I don't write nice long things because I'm not as skilled a reviewer as Paul, but the old-skool Brit feel of the entire mix was really rather nice.  Golden Brown is always, always appreciated.  Always.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 11:58:57 pm »

I liked Judy's mix so much that I hosted it!!

That sounds like "I liked the company so much I bought it."

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:59:42 pm »

That sounds like "I liked the company so much I bought it."

~Paul

Not only am I the Founder; I am also a client.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 12:38:27 am »

I might have liked Judy's mix if only I had downloaded it before it disappeared!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 01:06:19 am »

I might have liked Judy's mix if only I had downloaded it before it disappeared!

oh whatever, it was up for like a month!  What?  Are you running like.. dial-up... in 1994?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 01:11:41 am »

Q thinks that I do not have a life.  He thinks I have nothing else to do than sit around at the computer reading messageboards and downloading stuff.  I can't begin to imagine where he got that idea.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 04:16:28 am »

Yeah, I would comment if I had downloaded it too...
I do have a sketchy stolen wireless connection (shh... I just need a router and can get legit internet very soon), but that isn't the reason.  I just.... forgot.

From the setlist, I do know a few of the songs and many of the bands.. um yeah.. I can say, I may have liked this.
I ditto 'Golden Brown'.  a friend put that song on a mix long ago for me and it is still a favourite till this day.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 04:37:54 am »

I ditto 'Golden Brown'.  a friend put that song on a mix long ago for me and it is still a favourite till this day.

Would that be the Mr. Hal Andalucia mix that our Bozack made, because that's where I got it.  That's right Judy, you chose the same song as Bozack.  You should wih a prize for that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 06:14:38 am »

Would that be the Mr. Hal Andalucia mix that our Bozack made, because that's where I got it.  That's right Judy, you chose the same song as Bozack.  You should wih a prize for that.

~Paul

Nope, I sadly missed out on that one :\
It was from someone I traded with in person a few years ago.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Mixdisc: Anglaudiophile [Judyisadickslap]
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 01:14:41 pm »

Damn Judy, nobody wants to comment on your mix.  I'm sorry.

~Paul

Dang man, you're the one supposed to be commenting! You're Mr Reviewer Dude!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up