Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The CD Chain begins:  (Read 7267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 06:17:14 am »

If we do the playlist thing we'll have the problem of like, 20 people wanting my disc and no one wanting AugustWest's.  That just wouldn't be fair.
 
I like Mite's original idea, except instead of having to make 4 trips to the post office I only want to make 1, and I'm willing to make 5 or 6 copies of my discs, and will be willing to mail one of those copies to five or six people.

So how about it?  Smaller rings of 5-6 people?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 06:18:31 am »

I fully expect nobody but you and Slink to want my disk, Jough.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2003, 06:21:55 am »

I want it!  I want AugustWest's...oh.  You said disk.  

Nevermind.  

Oooh, she's a naughty one tonight!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2003, 06:53:03 am »

ok, ok, ok....let me sleep on it, I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm just having a hard time envisioning this without multiple post office trips.

*Consults combinatorics textbook*
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2003, 07:05:07 am »

What we need more of is, in fact, science.

(And, in my case, CD-R's.)
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2003, 07:22:03 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I fully expect nobody but you and Slink to want my disk, Jough.


I'm looking forward to it already.
Hell, I don't even mind if a disk of dgood tunes has stuff I have on it, if it's ordered in a way that makes it a new experience to listen to.
My mate and I who DJ'd together at a bunch of rock clubs used to send each other playlists for winamp (without the mp3's just the lists) 'cause we have all the same mp3s - all encoded across both for mixing purposes.

So anyway, yes. What?
Well, I'm going to get onto making the mix tonight or tomorrow, possibly planned between the two, so it'll be a good one, I hope. If my desk doesn't break too much during it - I desperately need a new crossfade.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2003, 02:22:22 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I want it!  I want AugustWest's...oh.  You said disk.  

Nevermind.  

Oooh, she's a naughty one tonight!


Well, I guess I went to bed about 3 minutes too early last night.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The CD Chain begins:
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2003, 05:02:19 pm »

Trust me, August, you're better off.  The way she grabs hold of... well, perhaps I've said too much.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up