Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat asks for career advice  (Read 3549 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: wombat asks for career advice
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 04:34:34 am »

However, I would like everyone to be of good cheer, so:



Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: wombat asks for career advice
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 04:41:06 am »

I'm sure I mentioned my cat and the baby chicken here before.  Once I brought home a baby chicken.  I pulled it out of the paper sack, cupped it in my hands and held it down and said "look Rae, I got a baby chicken" at which she instantaneously slapped the shit out of it and broke it's neck.  where you work Nabu, is a cat slapping a baby chicken.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: wombat asks for career advice
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 05:05:29 am »

Wombat, saying he needs to find someone to cover for you isn't a criticism against you asking for time off, it's just a fact (whether or not you agree with it, it's a fact for him). Is he going to be annoyed having to find someone to cover for you? Probably. But let that be his problem. That's why he's the boss--because he has to deal with that shit. If he didn't want to let you have the time off, he'd have said no. If he's going to can you for taking a weekend off (and not can you in the nice way, like we do here), then at least you can collect unemployment, most likely.

I would wait to give notice if I were you. And I wouldn't worry too much about taking the time off and your boss's reaction to it.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat asks for career advice
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 11:05:17 am »


omba, my gut instinct is to let my id roam free, and to say, "FUCK Y'ALL!" and just leave, giving no notice.
 

Mine too - so my decision seems much more rational in comparison, which is that I am going to go into work this morning and write an email of resignation and say I will stay till the end of the month.And once I made this decision the headache I have had for a week went away.  I am going to do it. Let the chickens and kitties fall where they may.

You know Muse you may be right that I should wait but I am tired of making these calculations. I am nearly ready to get out of this field anyway so the possibility of later less than glowing references doesn't loom that large.

I checked my email and he said he couldn't do anything about it till Monday so if I send a letter of resignation now at least it doesn't look like I left in a snit if he doesn't give me the time off.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: wombat asks for career advice
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 06:08:22 pm »

You should line them with harp seal fleece for comfort.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up