Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.  (Read 3632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24:38 pm »

the name Dornheim makes me want to vomit. possible blood.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 11:18:30 pm »

the name Dornheim makes me want to vomit. possible blood.

I just keep adding "Steamroller" to the end of it.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 01:42:45 am »

I just keep adding "Steamroller" to the end of it.

You have 123 tiny cans, but you're about to get one more, sister. Effing hilarious.

Anyway, I had ridiculously high hopes for this strip, as I didn't read it until I was paging through the new posts and saw this thread title. It was still pretty good...but I guess I was expecting something more dramatic. I keep expecting Butters to bust in on this, but Lie Bot is a pretty good bet too.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 03:03:53 am »

Cmon doc, the dude is wearing a toupee. He drives a honda and says things like "lets take my honda". Also, why so many pens in his pocket? When is he going to need write that much shit down, immediately.

Dude is clearly an engineer with a military background. What you take for a toupee is actually just a terrible, terrible haircut. His speech is precise so as to never cause confusion, his mouth also terrifies me as it emerges from his beard, he prepares to eat Ray's face.
I like Dornheim so much that if he is in a strip with Molly I would feel exactly neutral about it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 06:13:09 am »

Dornheim's mouth is going to eat you while you sleep. Recommended actions: don't sleep.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 08:10:05 am »

Dude is clearly an engineer with a military background. What you take for a toupee is actually just a terrible, terrible haircut. His speech is precise so as to never cause confusion, his mouth also terrifies me as it emerges from his beard, he prepares to eat Ray's face.
I like Dornheim so much that if he is in a strip with Molly I would feel exactly neutral about it.

Asperger's?

Also, dug the reminder on Ray's size. The cat can fit in a cooler because it is, indeed, a cat.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 08:23:03 am »

Asperger's?

I'd lean towards yes but it's probably funnier if he's just really uptight without explanation.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 08:50:15 am »

I just looked at this strip again, and the thing leprechaun pointed out is hilarious.  Stare at that first panel for a while and there is no way you aren't laughing. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 04:22:23 pm »

How did he know the letter would arrive one day before he did?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:07 am »

How did he know the letter would arrive one day before he did?

Because he's just that presice.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 04:34:49 pm »

Dude is clearly an engineer with a military background.

Yes. Every engineer with a security clearance I have met (this number rises as one attends science-fiction conventions) has had that haircut or a close relative.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up