Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.  (Read 3639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:21:14 am »

Uh sorry, not much quotable here. This one sort of came out of left field, no?
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11132007
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 10:07:46 am »

Dornheim Smuckles -- best name ever?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:36:12 am »

When I read the title of this thread I didn't think I would like Dornheim and what he represents for the strip.
How wrong I was.
Dornheim is clearly a sensible, well read man who we are lucky to have met.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:50:30 am »

When I read the title of this thread I didn't think I would like Dornheim and what he represents for the strip.
How wrong I was.
Dornheim is clearly a sensible, well read man who we are lucky to have met.

Cmon doc, the dude is wearing a toupee. He drives a honda and says things like "lets take my honda". Also, why so many pens in his pocket? When is he going to need write that much shit down, immediately.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 02:26:08 pm »

I'm just amazed that Mr. Bear can recognize not only the brand of typewriter but also the model year. Maybe they had a font variation that only lasted that one year.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 02:42:34 pm »

I'm calling "con man" right now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 06:43:18 pm »

Nicholas Cage is America, with all its strengths and horribly undermining flaws, in actor form.

America can star in "Raising Arizona" in its idealistic and potential-laden youth and also star in "Ghost Rider" at the end of its cycle, somehow delusional and phoning-it-in at once.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 06:52:11 pm »

Nicholas Cage is America, with all its strengths and horribly undermining flaws, in actor form.

America can star in "Raising Arizona" in its idealistic and potential-laden youth and also star in "Ghost Rider" at the end of its cycle, somehow delusional and phoning-it-in at once.

Nice insight, but does it have anything to do with today's strip?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 06:52:32 pm »

I'm calling "con man" right now.

Lie-bot!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 07:00:49 pm »

Nicholas Cage is America, with all its strengths and horribly undermining flaws, in actor form.

America can star in "Raising Arizona" in its idealistic and potential-laden youth and also star in "Ghost Rider" at the end of its cycle, somehow delusional and phoning-it-in at once.

Nice insight, but does it have anything to do with today's strip?

The alt-text: Ray takes this opportunity to do some research for his screenplay where a rogue Blue Angel attacks the Space Shuttle. Nicholas Cage ensues.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 07:15:50 pm »

Someday I need to do something about being able to see the whole alt-text.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:51 pm »

Nice insight, but does it have anything to do with today's strip?


The alt-text: Ray takes this opportunity to do some research for his screenplay where a rogue Blue Angel attacks the Space Shuttle. Nicholas Cage ensues.

Oh.  I, uh, knew that.  I was, um, just testing you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Burritolingus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 07:34:12 pm »

Perhaps the F/A-18 Hornet could be adapted to fire the impossibly cool ASM-135 Anti-Satellite Missile

(Stolen from an adjacent aviation museum, of course. Duh.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 07:37:10 pm »

Someday I need to do something about being able to see the whole alt-text.

Do you use Firefox? Because the Comics Alt Text script for Greasemonkey is the bee's knees. For Achewood, Dr. McNinja, and Dinosaur comics it adds the alt text underneath the comic as a caption.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 13 Nov 07 - Ray's Half-Brother, Dornheim.
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 08:00:46 pm »

America is to The Vietnam War as Nicholas Cage is to "Con-Air". Downhill from there.

America is to Mission Accomplished as Nicholas Cage is to "Ghost Rider". All possibility for return to glory extinguished forever.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up