Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend  (Read 5712 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:52 pm »

I assumed it was a Phillipeism. I think he likes Pyrexes because they are like pirateses. (sic)
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 11:02:31 pm »

Also, I love "Theory Noodle". I think the theory prefix can apply to most anything. Like, "Theory dog".

The theory dog is the best kind of dog, really.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »

Is it an intended Phillipeism that he calls a Pyrex bowl "a Pyrex" or is this a thing that people do?

If it is a Phillipeism, I approve.

If this is a common shortening, I do not approve. There is shortening language for convenience and then there is being pointlessly vague.

Many things other than bowls can be Pyrex.
I figured it was a Pyrex measuring cup for whatever reason. Just seems more Lyle.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 01:54:56 am »

I figured it was a Pyrex measuring cup for whatever reason. Just seems more Lyle.

Totally. Why measure with a cup and then pour it into a bowl when the measuring cup would work? Certainly not just because it would be more civilized.That's Lyle for you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 03:03:08 am »

Eating microwaved ramen out of a measuring cup is that little moment when you say to yourself:

"Huh.  I guess it has been a year since I've been in a relationship."
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 04:32:07 am »

My measuring cup must be small, then.

Right now we are cooking "Chinese Spaghetti" for dinner.
Ramen, no flavor packet, sesame oil and soy sauce. Peppered chicken.
YEAH
YEAH
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 06:30:43 pm »

Eating microwaved ramen out of a measuring cup is that little moment when you say to yourself:

"Huh.  I guess it has been a year since I've been in a relationship."

Especially if you're eating it while standing over a sink with yesterday's saucepan of Mac 'n Cheese sitting in it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 07:13:05 pm »

Under the sink: a bag of potatoes, some of which you eat raw with a little salt.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 08:35:58 pm »

...after deforesting the growths that are now poking out of the bag.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 12:31:11 am »

I knew it was a while for me when I realized I hadn't cleaned off my Foreman Grill in a couple of years.

When I finally met my wife, she refused to eat food that had been cooked on it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 12:56:13 am »

oh!
That reminds me. I haven't cleaned mine in... a month?

But I mostly cook paninis and quesadillas on there, so it's mostly leftover nasty cheese!

OH! DISGUSTING!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 01:31:06 am »

When I finally met my wife, she refused to eat food that had been cooked on it.
You fool!  You let her see it?  My wife believes that grilled foods are delivered by scampering woodland creatures and have nothing to do with the stained, blackened, sagging contraption that darkens a corner of our backyard.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 06:16:54 am »

The year-since relationship measure syncs up kind of worryingly with my experience. I got twitchy the other night and went through our kitchen and one of the things I cleaned was our cheese-encrusted sandwich maker. A later conversation with my house-mate revealed it hadn't been used at least since my ex moved out about 9 months ago. Luckily it turns out grilled cheese keeps pretty well.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs for Thanksgiving Weekend
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

Why does the board warn you when you're posting and there have been new posts, but it doesn't warn you when you're posting and it's going to start a new page? Drives me crazy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up