Here's the thing I just realized about Pat's blog. I'm sure that in some interview somewhere, Onstad has said that thing that writers often say, that each of his characters comes from some part of his own personality. And you think about this and you think, yeah, you can picture this person, who has a little bit of Ray and a little bit of Teodor and a little bit of Roast Beef and even a little bit of Cornelius that he is growing to grow old to be. Because we all have a little bit of fun-loving and a little bit of obsessed with food or whatever and a little bit of self-doubt inside us. You can sympathize with all of that and it makes sense how they can all be different facets of a guy. And, a guy you'd like to, like, have a beer with.
But somehow I never thought... Pat.
OMG, Pat's voice in this blog. It is so real and so awful. He's just so awful. It just perfectly captures a particular kind of awfulness. Almost as if... the author has a little bit of Pat in him too.
I'm glad I never thought of this before. I mean, I let that man hug me. *shudder*