Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Runners (Advice?)  (Read 29586 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Runners (Advice?)
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2013, 05:29:06 pm »

I haven't really run for six weeks either, although I'm getting ready to get back to it.  I don't let it bother me; I've been doing other stuff and it's been hot.  I've missed it, a little.  I'm getting ready to ramp it back up in a week or so. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Runners (Advice?)
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »

I liked running that 5k, it's making me have stupid thoughts about running on the closed Marine Corp Air Station runways.

I guess that's the easiest possible place to run. Completely level the entire way. No hills to climb. Kinda like running in Houston.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Runners (Advice?)
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2013, 05:19:58 pm »

I ran a 'fun' 5k on the Fourth and then went on vacation drank lots of beer and didn't do doodly-squat until I started running again on the 15th. The first week sucked but now I'm rolling, so don't despair.

I liked running that 5k, it's making me have stupid thoughts about running on the closed Marine Corp Air Station runways.

stupid stupid stupid

When it comes to running, I really like the training regimens in this book.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Runners (Advice?)
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2013, 04:20:18 am »

I use air quotes around "marathon" because my time was so slow. The book has good training regimens for 5 and 10Ks, even though it bills itself as a primarily marathon-oriented book. The basic idea is that you aim for specific paces and distances, instead of pure mileage.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up