Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Otter afraid of dying 11/17  (Read 10634 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2003, 08:09:35 pm »

I think a Naked Zoo would be just the thing. Those animals deserve a chance to watch us walk around, take a dump or get our bone on.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2003, 08:56:26 pm »

My despair is palpable. So close... and yet so far, so very far... aaagh! Eventually I'm just gonna hitch a ride to DC or something, just to come see the naked mole rats. (mmmm, naked.)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2003, 09:10:18 pm »

In the meantime youall can look at the webcam.  LIVE NAKED mole rats.

http://natzoo.si.edu/Animals/AfricanSavanna/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2003, 10:20:54 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
In the meantime youall can look at the webcam.  LIVE NAKED mole rats.


Advertising nude webcams...what has this mesage board come to?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2003, 11:04:20 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I think it is clear that I will seriously consider this invitation and then chicken out and not go.  I will stay home and play one of their CDs in your honor though.

I'm still willing to show some armadillos and naked mole rats to anyone who wants to come to the zoo, though.  Come on, people.  They're NAKED.


C'mon! twenty measily american dollars to see the Johns and the Dans live and in person? How is there even a decision?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2003, 01:14:00 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

C'mon! twenty measily american dollars to see the Johns and the Dans live and in person? How is there even a decision?


Well, partly I am just too old and uncool to go to anything called a club.  But also there's the problem that I might have to work the next day (although I never know my schedule this far in advance) and I have to get up at 5.15 am to play with those naked mole rats.

And anyway just because I once met some people from an internet webcomic messageboard and they didn't murder me, doesn't mean my luck won't run out this time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2003, 01:25:09 am »

It's TMBG! It's one of those concerts where the parents take their kids because the parents want to see them also. Plus the 9:30 isn't really a "club"

I'm seeing them at the Recher on that Sunday, driving over an hour home, going to work the next day. Seeing them the 30th, going to work the next day, then going out that night.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2003, 01:30:38 am »

I'm sure if we all got together someone would get murdered.  The only other thing I know for sure is that that person would not be me.

Speaking of getting murdered, does anyone know of anything cool to do in New York city at 4AM - or even a better question - is anyone here in the city and wouldn't mind getting their bend-on?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2003, 02:14:50 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm seeing them at the Recher on that Sunday, driving over an hour home, going to work the next day. Seeing them the 30th, going to work the next day, then going out that night.


You, sir, are clearly at least a decade younger and less tired than I.  And a bigger fan (I just have two or three of their CDs, chosen randomly or for reasons like 'giant squid picture on the cover.')

But if it's actually safe for children to go there, I'll think about it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2003, 02:18:25 am »

I hate my life... if TMBG played in my province, I'd sell my soul or at least my watch to go...






who am i kidding, i dont own a watch...
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2003, 03:20:47 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I hate my life... if TMBG played in my province, I'd sell my soul or at least my watch to go...

who am i kidding, i dont own a watch...


As would I. Despite not having listened to anything by them since about 1993.
And I don't own a watch either. Oh no, I do, I was given one again, but my cell has a clock, so it's easier than remembering two things.
And I wouldn't give that away to see TMBG 'cause I'd get billed for some fuckers calls.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2003, 12:07:02 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's TMBG! It's one of those concerts where the parents take their kids because the parents want to see them also. Plus the 9:30 isn't really a "club"


Which is one reason not to go. I already had my hands full managing this one.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2003, 06:45:28 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
In the meantime youall can look at the webcam.  LIVE NAKED mole rats.

http://natzoo.si.edu/Animals/AfricanSavanna/


Improbably, I stumbled upon a novel about Naked Mole Rats. I have no idea what this means.

Naked Mole Rats Book

Enjoy.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up