Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Otter afraid of dying 11/17  (Read 10642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« on: November 17, 2003, 11:00:58 am »

Poor Philippe!

He's steering with his mouth :\
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 02:21:25 pm »

And turning the key with his wingtips.

I didn't know that otters wore wingtips.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 02:24:57 pm »

I wonder how he's pressing the gas pedal.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 02:25:49 pm »

Will Nice Pete be more pissed that he got left in the rain or because his steering wheel will be full of chomp marks?
Logged

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 02:28:40 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I didn't know that otters wore wingtips.


Not just wingtips, but wingtip boots.

As for pressing on the gas pedal ... maybe he's using the cruise control?

Yikes, what a pickle, to not have the use of your hands in an Econoline van. I hope he doesn't crash into Ray's Escalade, because that would just be all kinds of bad.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 03:36:43 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
And turning the key with his wingtips.

I didn't know that otters wore wingtips.


If you were a giant bee what kind of footwear would you have? Of course the answer is wingtips.
Now if he was a giant wasp he'd probably be barefoot but would need a frighteningly snazzy hat. Because as we all know nothing comes between a bee and his shoes and wasps love haberdashery.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 04:03:49 pm »

Third week now.  I love how drawn-out this storyline is.  I'm glad I'm reading it daily as it goes and not all in five minutes through the archives.  It's much more suspenceful when you can't just click the "Next" link to see what happens.

I wonder if this will be the longest storyline yet.  I know Ray and Beef's road trip was pretty long (since it tied-in with the subway wars) and Teador's party thread was pretty long.

Does anyone know what the longest storyline was?

Have I just done something bad to someone by asking that?

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Pukkita
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 04:12:18 pm »

In Friday's strip I thought that the "Pukkita Pukkita Pukkita" was the idling of Nice Pete's van, but then Phillipe had to start it first thing today.  

So was the "Pukkita" the rain on the roof of the van?  Nice Pete's approaching footsteps?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Pukkita
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 04:16:18 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
In Friday's strip I thought that the "Pukkita Pukkita Pukkita" was the idling of Nice Pete's van, but then Phillipe had to start it first thing today.

My take on it is that the van didn't start immediately -- the "pukkita pukkita pukkita" was the engine coming to life, far too slow for Philippe's liking.

Today's winning visual detail: the meticulously-drawn wingtip. Who would have guessed?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2003, 05:06:19 pm »

Yeah, I took the Pukkita sound as the starter running but the engine didn't turn over.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2003, 05:42:07 pm »

Philippe has experience.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2003, 05:45:29 pm »

I didn't know that one could kick-start an Econoline van.



And I apologize for that stupid comment.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2003, 06:45:06 pm »

Did the Pukkitta - Pukkitta - Pukkitta make anybody else think of Walter Mitty?  Or was it just me?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2003, 09:03:46 pm »

Not just you!
Logged
goose means greedy

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Otter afraid of dying 11/17
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2003, 10:41:17 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Third week now.  I love how drawn-out this storyline is.  I'm glad I'm reading it daily as it goes and not all in five minutes through the archives.  It's much more suspenceful when you can't just click the "Next" link to see what happens.

I wonder if this will be the longest storyline yet.  I know Ray and Beef's road trip was pretty long (since it tied-in with the subway wars) and Teador's party thread was pretty long.

Does anyone know what the longest storyline was?

Have I just done something bad to someone by asking that?


Longest storyline:

Devil sells Ray the ability to make music. He becomes a super star and becomes super rich. They end up going on the town in the car from Peel Out Summer and meet Roast Beef's brother Showbiz. They get drunk after Showbiz runs off and do Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. On the way back they want Subway. (AT this point this merges with another storyline, it is your call whether the merged storyline counts as one, but they do it with the Nile River, so I think it counts for storylines in Achewood) Pat is a real dick with Subway, but Vlad decides to cause trouble. Vlad gets Pat so mad he steals Tic Tac and shoots Roast Beef. Beef goes to heaven and meets Molly. Ray kills Doctor Kisses the AIBO from the musical virtuoso storyline and brings him back to life. Vlad springs Pat and Pat and Pete come to achewood.

At this point it totally diverges from past events for a few strips.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up