Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keith Urban  (Read 3304 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 10:14:45 pm »

Infer a man has a lady voice, and suddenly it's an excercize in outing the closeted.

It wasn't that, rather that he's married to Nicole Kidman.  That and the fact that I can't see something sMets and a sizable portion of the internet are utterly convinced of. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »

I don't really see it. Except for the Top Gun thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 10:51:23 pm »

I don't really see it. Except for the Top Gun thing.

What is the Top Gun thing?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 12:15:03 am »

I believe in sexual fluidity.  You did write "Dude's gay. Dude's REALLY REALLY gay" which clearly indicates a lack of fluidity and a fixed, on-going label of "being gay."  I'm not sure why there's anything wrong with someone's choice of what labels they choose for themselves, or why you feel outing is something you're entitled to in any case.  When speaking to a male oil sands worker who called the STI line and has sex with men, but says "I'm not gay, so I can't have AIDS, right?" the last thing on my mind was to tell him what label I felt was appropriate for him, but rather to convince him to use condoms and get tested.  Beyond that, on a personal level, when I think of the gay boy I was once in love with, I don't wish someone had outed him.  He wasn't ready to come out, and I wasn't ready to have a real relationship with someone yet.  We were both with who we needed to be with at the time.

Regardless, more specifically, when it comes to Urban, I find the whole genre he's in repellent, and I'm totally disinterested in the underlying speculation into his personal life more so because of how boring he is to me.  Nu-Country is such a mediocre little niece in the music industry.  I mean I basically ignore all of that shit to the point where it may as well not exist.  It's so empty to me.  Totally lacking in any redeeming quality.  Nu-Country might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.  It all seems like the music for a Ford commercial that I skip over on the PVR.  So vacuous that it might as well be white noise.  It's kind of disturbing when I see that these people have fans.  It's like being a fan of an empty void.  Or of a middle of the road chain restaurant.  Really?  I really love Applebee's... it's your favorite restaurant...  um... okay.

Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated with celebrity, and did take interest in the whole train wreck section of Cruise's career when he was spouting Scientology mumbo-jumbo and hopping up and down on couches.  That shit is epic.  I've admitted before that I love Perez Hilton.  That shit is pretty vacuous too, so, you know, to each his/her own banality!  I like banal crap of one kind, Urban fans like banal crap of another kind... Hmmm... maybe this is revelation for me about the interconnectedness of all people! I think we should all hold hands and sing Kumbaya and cry about how we are all interconnected as a global village which takes pleasure/comfort in banality.   Who doesn't talk about the weather, or how the weather used to be or might be in the future?  No one!  OMG I love you alll!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 12:30:39 am »

What is the Top Gun thing?

You've gotta be kidding me, Paul.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 12:40:42 am »

What is the Top Gun thing?

whats the difference between a blowjob and a baloney sandwich?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 12:44:15 am »

Perhaps my use of nomenclature was imprecise, ss, fair enough.

Back when I moved in Hollywood circles, however, it was confirmed by multiple sources that Mr. Cruise that he prefers the sexual company of men exclusively and only has relationships with women for the illusion of heterosexuality and to provide him with children that are biologically his.

Call that what you like.

And... yeah. Top Gun is the probably the most homoerotic film ever created without being specifically purposed as a gay porn ever.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 12:47:14 am »

What is the Top Gun thing?

The Top Gun Thing

p.s.: this trailer makes me want to see both Top Gun and Brokeback Mountain again.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 12:50:35 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Keith Urban
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 01:08:41 am »

We saw a version of Top Gun this year called Hot Gun, where the homoerotic subtext was just turned into homoerotic text. It was fun. A good friend of ours was in it. Also, they screened bits of the movie on a big screen above the stage and superimposed the stage actors' heads over Cruise, Edwards, et al.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up